I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
LP Stainless Steel Stepped Headers

1 3/4 to 1 7/8

321 grade stainless steel

1/2in flange

$650 including the ORY and shipping

They are basically Kooks copies for half the price.

LT1 guys rejoice!!

08049.jpg

08050.jpg

08051.jpg

08052.jpg

08053.jpg

08054.jpg

there is some extra material that needs to get trimmed near the o2 bungs as you can see here, but the merge spike is pretty cool.
08055.jpg

08056.jpg

ktraver97ss

Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
I'll help :bigthumb: But if these are SSautochrome headers, you're going to have a hell of a time getting them to seal.

Looking good, though.

I am soo fuckin pissed right now. These were supposed to be a high quality header and they farmed it out to this piss poor SSautochrome company that does their manufacturing in china. Just google SSautochrome :tear: They are going to leak and look like shit im afraid. I should have just bought Kooks, why am I a cheap SOB?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I am soo fuckin pissed right now. These were supposed to be a high quality header and they farmed it out to this piss poor SSautochrome company that does their manufacturing in china. Just google SSautochrome :tear: They are going to leak and look like shit im afraid. I should have just bought Kooks, why am I a cheap SOB?

how thick are the flanges? bring them down to a machine shop and see if they can deck the flanges for you. shouldnt cost much and will be leak free!

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
SSautochrome have to be the cheapest headers made. They are the WORST for the grand prix. Probably the same can be said about the Fbody. Many modifications have to be made to them to get the headers to fit and not leak I guess. I would try to unload them for what you paid on the forums or drop the car off at Speed INC and have it be there problem.

ktraver97ss

Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
you are kidding right? thats called a merge collector.... it increases power

No, I didnt know that, but the prototypes were a different design. Sorry, I havent been modding cars for years, just detailing them. I kinda prematurely flew off the handle yesterday after researching SSautochrome. Turns out they are designed by LPP and they just manufactured at the same place SSautochrome uses and the oval placard was supposed to say LPP not SSautochrome. Also, the ports are larger than the Dports on the heads, so there should be no restriction there. I may have my heads portmatched to them to increase flow a little bit. I guess its pretty normal to have the primaries only fully welded on the inside and spot welded on the outside so as to not degrade the metal near to the bolt hole in the flange. Hopefully they dont leak.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info