Factory warranty dealership

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Dan you're a retard for trying to get shit for free. I'm the asshole that has to replace that stuff because you guys are idiots and don't take responsibility for your own stupidity.

I see no reason why I should have to pay to replace things like shift buttons, trim, and center consoles that break on an 07 for no reason?

One day i pushed the button in, and it flew out on my shifter, one day I opened my arm rest, let it close, and a side piece of it gave way, one day I was getting my oil changed and notice a piece of trim had a broken clip.

I paid a pile of money for an extended bumper to bumper warranty on my car, I plan to take full advantage of it.

THE CAR"S AC UNIT WAS NOT AFFECTED BY THE ACCIDENT. I HAVE THE PAPERS FROM THE SHOP THAT FIXED THE CAR TO PROVE IT. :s00ls: The service manager told me flat out that if the car was in an accident that it VOIDS THE WARRANTY.

I find it REALLY hard to believe that you completely loose your warranty if your car is in an accident.... If thats really the case, I hope and pray my car gets totaled if its even in an accident.

Last edited:

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
ur just going to the wrong dealership.

you need to go to your dealership under good terms first, pay them for oil changes, tune-ups. w/e it might be an extra 5 bucks for oil change, but if they like you and see you as a valuble customer, they will warranty your car no prob. if ur just some warranty cry baby, then u annoy them and they dont make a profit off you, so y should they help?

WhiteDevil

Armed
Jan 5, 2008
If you have proof from an ASE cert'd shop then you will get it fixed for free pending they dont have GMAC or the like come out with their inspectors.

If your interior parts are falling apart, then thats you being too rough on em.

Unless its a design flaw the interior trim/buttons ect wont be covered.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
If you have proof from an ASE cert'd shop then you will get it fixed for free pending they dont have GMAC or the like come out with their inspectors.

If your interior parts are falling apart, then thats you being too rough on em.

Unless its a design flaw the interior trim/buttons ect wont be covered.

For my car, the shifter was a 'known issue', the exterior trim had 0 abuse, just popped off, and the armrest they took care of :dunno:

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Thats the problem Ive consistently taken my gm cars there and even reccomended my dad. My wife already took the car in and didnt bother to ask anything before she left. So regardless they are going to charger her 99 to look at it! Fuck em. I even called my buddy at Rizza chevy on harlem and he said dude is nuts. If the accident didnt affect anything in the ac unit it should be covered. The accident only caused front bumper and hood damage. The guy had a hitch on his car causing some bar to hit the radiator which was the only thing that needed to be replaced in the engine bay. I looked at it with my own eyes and the radiator did NOT touch anything from it being bent a lil bit! Oh well i already filed a claim and I will have to eat it now but mabye get some sort of reimbursment. oh well they lost all my business.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Already did he's the asshole! lol He told me flat out" accident voids factory warranty". Are you fkn kidding me? So since my car has some body damage and a new radiator my powertrain warranty is gone? Fuk gm if thats the case! Im just going to have to make the long trip to my buddies shop for any other issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info