sct x2

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Sounds like an error in the download of LiveLoad or a conflict between your computer and the download program. Check out www.sctflash.com and go to the help forums and search. Maybe someone else already has an answer for you. I know they have some LiveLoad problems and answers on the site.

Besides LiveLoad, you also need to download a driver so if you haven't, that might be why LiveLoad isn't recognized.

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
Flyn high again said:
Sounds like an error in the download of LiveLoad or a conflict between your computer and the download program. Check out www.sctflash.com and go to the help forums and search. Maybe someone else already has an answer for you. I know they have some LiveLoad problems and answers on the site.

Besides LiveLoad, you also need to download a driver so if you haven't, that might be why LiveLoad isn't recognized.

no luck. For some reason my pc just won't recongize that it's connected. The new hardware screen never pops up, and i went into device manager and all usb ports seem to be working ok. I also tried using a different port. I installed the live link software from sct.com and then plugging in the x cal, nothing. I restarted the computer both with and with out the xcal plugged in. nothing.

If one were to manually install this hardware, how would i do that? there's not really a sct flash tool listed under new hardware in the windows generic stuff.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
cyac5l8trfcar said:
no luck. For some reason my pc just won't recongize that it's connected. The new hardware screen never pops up, and i went into device manager and all usb ports seem to be working ok. I also tried using a different port. I installed the live link software from sct.com and then plugging in the x cal, nothing. I restarted the computer both with and with out the xcal plugged in. nothing.

If one were to manually install this hardware, how would i do that? there's not really a sct flash tool listed under new hardware in the windows generic stuff.

Start/Control Panel/Add Hardware or if you've checked there already, try restarting your computer [if you haven't done so].

You can register at their site and ask the question in the appropriate forum which one of SCT's people will probably answer if you don't find an answer here.

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
Flyn high again said:
Start/Control Panel/Add Hardware or if you've checked there already, try restarting your computer [if you haven't done so].

You can register at their site and ask the question in the appropriate forum which one of SCT's people will probably answer if you don't find an answer here.

I tried the add new hardware route as well as about a dozen or so restarts. I registered over on sct's board and i'll check back tomorrow to see if anyone can help me out.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I woudl uninstall everything and reinstall it. Make sure that before you connect the Xcal2 to USB that you install BOTH sets of drivers for it. You got to do the same process essentially two times to get both drivers on there. If you have any further problems with it just stop by the house and I can take care of it for ya.

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
I figured it out. After hours of trying to un install and re install software and screwing around with it i got pissed and took the usb cable from my printer and tried that. Works good now! funny thing is, that's the usb cable i had to use to set up my modem and it worked fine.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
cyac5l8trfcar said:
I figured it out. After hours of trying to un install and re install software and screwing around with it i got pissed and took the usb cable from my printer and tried that. Works good now! funny thing is, that's the usb cable i had to use to set up my modem and it worked fine.

Congrats! Weird that it was the cable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• cyac5l8trfcar
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list