Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
how much you planning on spraying?

are you buying new or used? make sure you use a window switch/WOT switch. its not a good thing when you let off the throttle before you let off the button...though a friend's LS1 car has survived a 200 shot doing that!

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
how much you planning on spraying?

are you buying new or used? make sure you use a window switch/WOT switch. its not a good thing when you let off the throttle before you let off the button...though a friend's LS1 car has survived a 200 shot doing that!

Depending upon the price I may buy used *I spotted a Zex/NX kit used for $250 that just needs the brackets for the bottle, and has 55/65/75 jets, and a wide-band for $160*

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I would get the car running good and put some miles on it before you spray it. You probably end up breaking something anyway.

Cars been running great, and has had about 3000 miles on it since the swap, no CEL's, still pulls strong.

I will be replacing the timing belt as well as the spark plugs, wires, and dizzy cap and rotor all as precautions before spraying.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I don't think that you're going to be running anything that serious to where you need different plugs.

I didn't think so either, Just figured I'd ask since I still haven't done a tune-up to this motor yet (gonna replace plugs/wires/timing belt prior to spray since I have no idea how many miles are on the current plugs/wires/belt)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
no, go a step colder in plugs and not platinum.
It's only a 50 shot but that's spread between 4 cylinders. A 50 shot on a 6 or 8 cylinder wouldn't be so big, but yes on a 4 cylinder.

It's all about how much nitrous per cylinder...

The B18B1's can handle a 75 shot without problems, albeit I'd rather just do a 50-55.

any harm to not go a step colder if the car is running premium anyways?

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
The B18B1's can handle a 75 shot without problems, albeit I'd rather just do a 50-55.

any harm to not go a step colder if the car is running premium anyways?

yeah NX told me I could safely run a 100-125 shot...

No.

It's just a safety thing and easy to do. Think it something goes wrong just b/c you didn't spend the 20$ to get the right plugs for spraying... but it's your call. After blowing up my UIM, TB, and intake, I would take every possible precautionary step...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
75 shot on a stock 4-banger? WHY NOT, if motors are $300.

Again, the B18B's are very VERY different from their high revving Vtec counter parts

This is the kind of motor that can handle 400WHP at 15PSI on stock internals.

The rods and pistons in my motor are much MUCH beefier than the B16's and GSR's etc.

and for like the 5th time, I still have a spare motor in my shed anyways...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info