Buying fresh suspension in the near future, could use recomendations

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
As pretty much everyone knows, I have a 92 Civic CX (No swaybars, just a crack over 2000lbs)

The suspension and brakes have all seen better days, until I started replacing it. Currently I have new front brakes, new rear brake lines *one burst, gotta replace the other still, but its not leaking or anything*, new front upper control arms, upper ball joints, lower ball joints, and outer tie rod ends.

I still need to replace my lower control arm bushings all around, and swap to rear disk, but in the mean time I was hoping to replace my struts and springs since I know the rear struts are totally shot. Suggestions?

I was thinking Ground Control or KYB GR-2 struts, and H+R Sport Springs *1.2 front, 1.5 rear drop*

*$300-400 budget*

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Its "Vegilante" now or something.

haha yea...you can call me Joel if you want. you could also check urbandictionary for my new name.

anyways SilentD i want those koni's and springs.

Dasfinc, do you happen to know if my stuff will swap over to the teg?

On topic: i know GP's have issues with ricer bounce with the kyb's not being able to keep up with stiff lowering springs. I know the h&r's are really stiff on civics; i know their's a chart showing spring rates...i'll find it.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
haha yea...you can call me Joel if you want. you could also check urbandictionary for my new name.

On topic: i know GP's have issues with ricer bounce with the kyb's not being able to keep up with stiff lowering springs. I know the h&r's are really stiff on civics; i know their's a chart showing spring rates...i'll find it.

There are 2 different kinds of H+R's, "Sport" and "Race"

The "Race" springs are what alot of people choose because its a 2.2 inch drop, and with 'stock' KYB struts they cause alot of bounce and a harsh ride, the "Sport" springs are a much smaller drop (1.0 and 1.2? or 1.2 and 1.5), and are supposed to keep a decent ride.

Joel, I'd double check the compatabilities, but I'm like 99% sure the DA integra and EF/ED CRX's are fully cross-compatable suspension/brake wise, but DOUBLE CHECK for me please, I don't wanna say this now and have it bite me in the ass.

Honestly Joel, if I were you, I'd buy his whole car for the $800, Gank the suspension and brakes *swapping yours onto it* and pull the motor/trans out and tear the motor down and rebuild it with forged internals so you can boost the fuck out of it later, over-all shouldn't cost you more than $1200-1500 to fully build that motor with forged slugs/pistons/block guard/and some head work (and all new seals/rings/etc as well) and you can do that over time as money permits.

Or you can just buy his whole car, swap the suspension and brakes, and turn around and re-sell it as a $1000 running beater on Craigslist IMO.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber

alrighty.. stop changing your name though lol

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
Honestly Joel, if I were you, I'd buy his whole car for the $800, Gank the suspension and brakes *swapping yours onto it* and pull the motor/trans out and tear the motor down and rebuild it with forged internals so you can boost the fuck out of it later, over-all shouldn't cost you more than $1200-1500 to fully build that motor with forged slugs/pistons/block guard/and some head work (and all new seals/rings/etc as well) and you can do that over time as money permits.

joel..this is the greatest idea ever^^ do it and dont look back. oh and btw i got a new job making 13/hr, 55hrs a week and i dont work weekends yay. but im gonna be bankin like crazy now..so there for 3.8 s10 is very possible. i was actually thinking getting a grand nationals turbo and headers/downpipe and going that route. that would hold me over for awhile and then itd probably have to get crazy from there out..

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
joel..this is the greatest idea ever^^ do it and dont look back. oh and btw i got a new job making 13/hr, 55hrs a week and i dont work weekends yay. but im gonna be bankin like crazy now..so there for 3.8 s10 is very possible. i was actually thinking getting a grand nationals turbo and headers/downpipe and going that route. that would hold me over for awhile and then itd probably have to get crazy from there out..

I sold a B18A1 swap for $550 less than a month ago. IIRC its a bolt-in swap for 92-95 EG's.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
i can about $600 and fat tony can give me the rest since he's rich these days...(j/k)

i'm attempting to research the suspension thing right now and i made a post about it on a few websites. i'll let you know what happens.

If the suspension swaps over i'll buy it.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK

so where you working and can you get me a job?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info