Brake cooling kit for 99-04 Mustangs/Cobras - interest for group buy

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
http://www.quantummotorsports.com/94_04SBCK.htm

Street kit: $135. Remove dust shield is the only minor mod needed. Good for some road course use.

Race kit: (3 inch hose): in testing. Price available next week. For the heavy road racers (ShelbyGuy!)

Hose has external wire, moves with the suspension. Will not rip or tear because it is mechanically bonded (crimped to the fabric) perfect everyday and track use.

They are right next door to where I work, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in this and if so, how many so I can get us a group buy. I would even pick this up to eliminate the shipping cost.

Mike

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
ChicagoMike said:
The KB kits are overpriced, and they have special hi-temp hoses coming soon. I read about Quantum in the latest 5.0 magazine.

The KB kit is way better than what you linked to. And KB will give you 15% ~ 20% off w/ SVTOA. KB also uses a 3" hose and directs the air to the center of the rotor. The kit you linked to uses a 2" hose and a rubber coupler that screams hardware store rice. KB also gives you both dust shields to fully cover the inside of the rotor well so the incoming air does not escape except by going through the rotor vanes. Regular & High Temp hose can be purchased @ Racerpartswholesale.com for good prices. Finally, cooling ducts are not needed on the street and will just send water/moisture to your brake rotor when you drive in the rain.

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Are you aware that Kenny Brown Performance went out of business late last year?

Mystic Terminator said:
The KB kit is way better than what you linked to. And KB will give you 15% ~ 20% off w/ SVTOA. KB also uses a 3" hose and directs the air to the center of the rotor. The kit you linked to uses a 2" hose and a rubber coupler that screams hardware store rice. KB also gives you both dust shields to fully cover the inside of the rotor well so the incoming air does not escape except by going through the rotor vanes. Regular & High Temp hose can be purchased @ Racerpartswholesale.com for good prices. Finally, cooling ducts are not needed on the street and will just send water/moisture to your brake rotor when you drive in the rain.

jfranci3

Regular
May 13, 2005
Can you still get the KB kit? Think $135 is a fair price for the duct and spindle adapters. The hose is total crap. You really only need about enough high temp hose to go from the k-member to the duct though.

KB
kbp-71600.jpg

Other place
street1.jpg
street2.jpg

both spindle adapters look equal in terms of construction. They both direct air into the hub, which is good. The KB kit gives you a bit more length on the hose adapter (maybe better or worse depending on your clearence situation and tube mounting hardware)

Someone needs to offer GT compatible scoops. I boiled my fluid at Autobahn the other week.

These are TOTALLY WORTHLESS for street and autocross applications. You only need these if you're trying to run street pads on the track or you're using track pads. They should only offer a 'race' kit.

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
lol i just saw this in my new 5.0 mag too and was coming on the cpu to check it out when i saw ur thread

yeah KB is out of business, and im sure we can mock somethin up to act as a dust shield as the KB kit did, as im sure i wud have to mock somethin up to make this fit my GT bumper as i wont be able to afford a cobra bumper for awhile :(

but yeah i'd be interested in somethin like this
GROUP BUY +1

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Fast99Snake said:
lol i just saw this in my new 5.0 mag too and was coming on the cpu to check it out when i saw ur thread

yeah KB is out of business, and im sure we can mock somethin up to act as a dust shield as the KB kit did, as im sure i wud have to mock somethin up to make this fit my GT bumper as i wont be able to afford a cobra bumper for awhile :(

but yeah i'd be interested in somethin like this
GROUP BUY +1

KB stuff can still be had, there is a guy who bought all the machines, leftover stock and is making new KB stuff if he does not have any in stock...

jfranci3

Regular
May 13, 2005
10th03cobra said:
BTW - the street is like a big fuggin track for me....

So these will help me out... :D

Haha, you have a big heavy freaking car!! LOL so they might!!

In reality, you'd have to do 10-15 hard stops (in the order 90-30mph or so) in the span of 5 minutes for these to have any effect, and they'll probably help you do about 2 more stops. If you don't actually need these, they'll be a big PITA to have on your car and you'll like your fog lights better.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
jfranci3 said:
Haha, you have a big heavy freaking car!! LOL so they might!!

In reality, you'd have to do 10-15 hard stops (in the order 90-30mph or so) in the span of 5 minutes for these to have any effect, and they'll probably help you do about 2 more stops. If you don't actually need these, they'll be a big PITA to have on your car and you'll like your fog lights better.

Yep she is a pig, but I am into hogging. :biggthump

How about a bunch of 140-60 stops :cool:

I would buy them just because thats what I do. I gives me a reason to go to work.

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
10th03cobra said:
A guy in Schaumburg area can get the Kenny Brown kits, they are $165 without the high temp hoses and about another $100 for the high temp hoses.

jfranci3 said:
The hose is total crap. You really only need about enough high temp hose to go from the k-member to the duct though.

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/duct.htm

$65.00 for the good stuff in 3", $50.00 for the lower temp alternative.

airduct2.jpg

airduct1.jpg

This is for 10 ~ 11 foot lengths, plenty for most applications. I had no problems running a full season w/ the high temp one. The only way you'll wear it out is if you get a rub. Wire tie it to the tie rod and it moves w/ the wheels and you should have no problem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info