Looking for an Quality Alignment place

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
10th03cobra said:
Can you hook me up and where is this place at? I am willing to drive to have it done right.

Gurnee Volkswagen
6301 W. Grand Ave.
Gurnee, IL 60031

---------------------

And if you are seriously interested, I could talk to him to see how much he would do it on the side for (Hell of a lot cheaper than if you had to pay the normal alignment charge listed next). Otherwise, it would be $99.95. Complete 4 Wheel Alignment. The Service Department closes at 6:00pm, and we would be able to work it out if after 6:00pm. Let me know, and I will talk to him. Only thing is, we have VW shit...so if the caster was off, we would have to get shims etc. for the Ford.

rlbforum

Apr 8, 2006
Hey Jeff,

Wicstrom Ford in Barrington has a new really nice alignment rack. They did my Marauder and it is dead nuts on. Marauders have a bunch of issues with alignment since most place use the the Crown Vic specs.

If interested let me know. I'll PM you the guy that does the work on my cars. Not sure if he has time to do some side work. I have a few things on his list now. =) Can't hurt to ask.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
rlbforum said:
Hey Jeff,

Wicstrom Ford in Barrington has a new really nice alignment rack. They did my Marauder and it is dead nuts on. Marauders have a bunch of issues with alignment since most place use the the Crown Vic specs.

If interested let me know. I'll PM you the guy that does the work on my cars. Not sure if he has time to do some side work. I have a few things on his list now. =) Can't hurt to ask.

10-4, PM away. I still have not heard of anybody around here.

V

venmousracer

I like firestone, go to a newer firestone as they use the laser rack to align the car, buy the lifetime alignment well worth it, as long as you own the car you get free alignments, I use it like this when I drag race, I take it there on my slicks and skinnies and have it aligned for drag racing and when I am done I take it back with the street wheels to get it aligned for handeling....... Everylittle bit counts...Eddie

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
venmousracer said:
I like firestone, go to a newer firestone as they use the laser rack to align the car, buy the lifetime alignment well worth it, as long as you own the car you get free alignments, I use it like this when I drag race, I take it there on my slicks and skinnies and have it aligned for drag racing and when I am done I take it back with the street wheels to get it aligned for handeling....... Everylittle bit counts...Eddie

Thanks Dude!!!

03CobraRed

Mind Over Matter
Mar 17, 2004
Me and a few friends have had great luck with just tires places, they use lazers as well. Also if you want a quality alignment place that does lowered cars, give a call to a high end car dealer like continental ferrari or someplace that sells low cars. You will have a hard time finding somebody to do a lowered car, TRUST ME.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
03CobraRed said:
Me and a few friends have had great luck with just tires places, they use lazers as well. Also if you want a quality alignment place that does lowered cars, give a call to a high end car dealer like continental ferrari or someplace that sells low cars. You will have a hard time finding somebody to do a lowered car, TRUST ME.

Tell me about it, I have tired a bunch of palces and they have all passed so far. I will try to get it done next week.

jfranci3

Regular
May 13, 2005
All alignment shops are basically the same. The difference is if the alignment will listen to you when you give him alignment specs.

Have your caster set to maximum, (if you're using MM cc plates) set the camber to the min on the 'max camber' plate orientation, and slight toe in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info