Trans slippin...=(

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
So I was in town the other night and called up smokinhot to run him real quick while i was there, we went at it and it bounced off the rev limiter bout 4 times before goin into third and twice before goin into 4th.. its still driveable but does it really bad when i get on it... so the question is are re-build kits worth it or should I buy a new trans. Dont really have alot of money to throw towards it though so no high end tranny's. Any advice. and yea let the ford jokes fly im ready for it :tear:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
So I was in town the other night and called up smokinhot to run him real quick while i was there, we went at it and it bounced off the rev limiter bout 4 times before goin into third and twice before goin into 4th.. its still driveable but does it really bad when i get on it... so the question is are re-build kits worth it or should I buy a new trans. Dont really have alot of money to throw towards it though so no high end tranny's. Any advice. and yea let the ford jokes fly im ready for it :tear:

So I take it that you bought this car with a stock transmission?

With all due respect, don't waste your money on a rebuild, Get a built tranny or its just gonna let go again IMO.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
IMO I think you did this wrong. You should have priorities straight.

If you have a car like that, you should set up an account on the side, an "oh shit" account, just for things like this.. Don't go all out and buy a car like that and then only be able to afford gas. For what it's worth, I'd drive it easy until you can get more money to get it done properly. It's all about self control here.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
PM my cousin, blakbearddelite, and ask about who he took his car to. He has a kenne bell stang GT with auto and just had it rebuilt. It hauls ass with the new trans, and he's putting down power where before the trans was just eating itself up.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ

If you have a car like that, you should set up an account on the side, an "oh shit" account, just for things like this.. Don't go all out and buy a car like that and then only be able to afford gas.

there is some truth to that, but really, how many people actually do that?

Well...I did, when I got my wrx. I knew full well the trans woes those cars have. And it did save my ass.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

If you have a car like that, you should set up an account on the side, an "oh shit" account, just for things like this.. Don't go all out and buy a car like that and then only be able to afford gas. For what it's worth, I'd drive it easy until you can get more money to get it done properly. It's all about self control here.

you should read your own advice

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info