Terminator Vs GT500

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
It seems like every car that comes out now is a turd. Challenger....turd. New Camaro......turd. GT 500.....turd. Its all of the new safety stuff that needs to go in. I was surprised when the corvette came out as low as it did, but then again it used a lot more aluminum, carbon fiber, and fiberglass than any of the other cars are going to. It seems like all you are paying for in the GT 500 is the name.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
ill argue the camaro being a turd cause frankly, we dont know for sure what motor it will have, if it has a ls9 as rumored, it dont see it being a turd... not to the same sense as a gt500 is.

IF it got the LS9, i would have to say it would be stupid expensive, like somewhere around what the GT 500 is. I think that when all is said and done a camaro with the LS7 weighing in at around 3800-3900 pounds would seem to put it in fairly direct competition with the GT 500 performance wise. When Ford learns to not jack the price of their cars way up, and GM learns to not give away $3 billion a year to its retired employees, we may start having some good competitions with the Camaro and Mustang again.

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
its technically supposed to be getting the LSA, which is a 500+ hp motor thats similar to the ctsv motor. and the camaro will not be that expensive, its never been an expensive car. the 35th anniversary ss brand new with all the options wasnt even over 40k, i know cause my dad priced one out with the dealer cause he was gonna buy one.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Well yeah, that's why they'll make a piss load of the V6 ones, to offset the prices. I imagine that'll come in right where the Mustang is now. And as the performance goes up, so will the price. I'd say that a camaro with 400ish HP would come in around 35,000, and 500 HP around 45,000. So yeah maybe you're right that something along the GT500 performance would end up being cheaper. But you can't honestly believe that prices would have stayed the same over the last 6 years.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
yeah, we shall see, either way, i wont be buying one anyways, only car upgrade im looking at is a c6 z06

excellent choice. i personally dont like the new retro thing. i feel its ruining the classics.

i DO wish a company had the balls to create some classics with the old skins (being exactly as original) and building up the chassis and inside as new.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
excellent choice. i personally dont like the new retro thing. i feel its ruining the classics.

i DO wish a company had the balls to create some classics with the old skins (being exactly as original) and building up the chassis and inside as new.

Aftermarket has done it and some of them look BADASS. I was up at Road America last summer. Saw a company that had done a COMPLETE swap of an 03/04 drivetrain, interior, suspension into a 1964.5 Mustang. Looked incredible, everything looked like it belonged, nothing half-assed. Problem was they were looking for like $220K for the car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info