Patrick Hyundai PWNED

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
as the title says... i did some major pwnage yesterday lol.

I was looking at a 1995 Lexus Es300, it had 41k miles on it and they were selling it for 7k. I thought it was a hell of a deal and way to good to be true.

So i go to the dealer and tell them im interested in the car and wanted to take a look at it. Body looked good, tiny scuff on the rear passenger bumper, tiny little door ding, and the driver door stuck out a very tad, but nothing really looked like it was in an accident and Carfax was clean.

Now comes the fun :rofl:

Looked under the hood and it looked pretty clean, clean like they just cleaned it. Valve cover gasket looked like it had a line of oil around the crease, and when i looked in the oil fill there was alot of sludge considering it only had 41,000 miles.

Before we went on the test drive, i checked the transmission and all the gears (Auto) shifted instantly and felt good, interior was in good shape aswell, everything worked.

About halfway through the test drive i mash the pedal and the transmission kicks and it accelerates good. No problems right? Wrong. about 3/4 in the drive i notice the CEL is on. I dont say anything about this :D We get back to the dealer and he was going to take my car out for an appraisal. At this point i am not going to buy the car, but i still havent said it. Right before one of the guys takes my car he brings out a Credit application. Right then and there im like hell no, and tell him im not interested in the car because the CEL came on during the drive. He then says the CEL was probably from the Gas Cap because they just got gas... (which btw the tank was only 3/4 full). I countered and said that is not possible because only OBD2 cars read gas caps (if im not mistaken) and this is a 1995 which would make it OBD1. He had nothing to counter that, he handed my keys and i left.

Best part is about 5 mins later after leaving the dealership i get a call from him. He tells me my "Theory" was correct and that he was wrong. he tells me it was a Oxygen sensor and that they are bringing it to the lexus dealer tomorrow. I tell him if im interested i will give him a call. :D

CLIFFS : Take lexus for test drive. See that engine has unusual sludge build up in oil fill. Car runs good and drives good until i mash the pedal and the CEL comes on. Dealer tells me it was because of the Gas Cap. I counter by saying only OBD2 cars read the gas cap and this is a 95 which is OBD1. He has nothing to say, i leave. Get call from dealer about 5 mins later telling me im right and that is was an O2 sensor.

On a sidenote, Lexus does not lie when they say the ride is smooth as hell!! and SUPER quiet and comfortable. for being a 1995 it was still amazing how big of a difference it is. i will defiantly own one in my life for sure.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
A hell of a deal? :ugh:

dealcl9.jpg

I think that year ES is pretty ugly...

1995_ES300_RT_FRT.JPG

Just to let you know, some 95 cars had OBD2. My friend had a 95 Altima with OBD2.

Last edited:

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
I can see the ownage if it was a lexus dealer and the guy knows everything about the cars because he's worked there, BUT... This was a salesman from Patrick Hyundai. He probably doesn't know that much about his own vehicles let alone a 14yr old lexus. Most Salesmen do not know anything but the basic shit like HP, Tq, Safety Ratings, ect.

I will commend you on catching him in a lie and holding him to it, and it showed balls for him to call you and give the real scoop and admit his error.

Bottom Line: He wants to sell you a car so he can make money.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
ya i was impressed that he called me back thats for sure. he seemed like a nice guy but he was a salesman and thats about it.

any dealer is going to call you back after blowing the sale...no salesman is nice, none....except for barker but hes a jew for selling me the srt so i guess that makes him a douche

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info