• Total voters

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
Pondering selling the T/A.....:ugh:
I've been looking at houses (yes thats correct not selling it for gas mileage, since i don't care much) and so I would like to still have a car to mess with but with out the payment.... so this came to mind

Since 2nd grade my dad and I have worked on a '79 Camaro (well sorta we stopped of say 9-10 years ago :rofl:) but I was thinking of working on it.
I was thinking the OH SO INFAMOUS AND CRAZY "LS1/T56 swap" of course it wouldn't happen over night but i would have my own place to work on it

Heres a link to LS1tech for inspiration
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9489457&posted=1#post9489457

I can probably handle the T/A's payment and a house but the added comfort of addition income would be nice... some of you might know what I mean. :( Sad but its reality and I prefer the mature option, but i was just wondering what you would do ;)

Last edited:

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
Get a house. Now is the time to buy. Smartest decision Ive ever made was to buy my first house even though I was scared.

Keep the TA, You can always sell it if you have to later.............

yeah, i agree. It will all depend on if the Camaro sells a the Tri-chevy in Peotone this Saturday ;) I'll be selling parts and my dad will be selling the car :rofl:

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
Now aint the time to sell a car like that, but as dun said it is the time to buy real estate. Keep the T/A, wait to build the Camaro until you've got that disposable income. To build the Camaro you're going to need more than you'll get from selling the T/A anyway.

actually I won't be making anything off it. I would be lucky to break even. Why do you say its not to sell a car like mine?

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
You said you were buying a house what the last two times, and ended up buying another LS1.

true BUT the last time I was gonna move in with a buddy.... thats the only reason I sold the T/A you bought off me. Then after it fell through I got tired of driving a truck so I bought the Z28, and then this car.

For real though this time this is all me noone else. It worked out though in the end b/c I no longer associate with that friend

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
I don't really appreciate old cars. I think they're pretty much junk. I'd keep the fuel injected one that looks sweet ass hell and sounds nasty as hell.

ill agree with this, except i dont think they are junk exactly. i like some of them, but i have no urge to ever own one or buy one. oldest camaro id buy is a 93 at this point. but ive got the camaro ive wanted since they came out, so im good really. give me a ZL1 to go with our berger at the house and ill be in heaven. maybe toss in a intimidator for shits and giggles.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
Because even though it gets decent gas mileage, 'sports' cars are down in the market due to gas prices. No one is going to pay what they're worth.

well my only shot at it would be one guy....not panda ;) but a guy I ran into who was gawking the hell out of my car. He asked if I was going to sell it and when I do give him a call and he gave me his buisness card. This is a way older man, not that I'm trying to take advantage of him but if someone would give you double what the dealer would give you and it would actually pay off the car, wouldn't you?

Thread Info