What do you do?

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Just start it and don't rev it up like an idoit for about 2-3 min. Then it will be fine, nothing should be wrong with the motor just cause it sat for 4-6 months.

I start mine once every 2-3 weeks while in storage and just let it get to temperature and shut it off. People tell me it's wrong, I don't know why, it has to start every day in the cold for daily drivers doesn't it? I mean WTF.

Just make sure the oil pressure is there and you'll be fine.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Since 1964 said:
Just start it and don't rev it up like an idoit for about 2-3 min. Then it will be fine, nothing should be wrong with the motor just cause it sat for 4-6 months.

I start mine once every 2-3 weeks while in storage and just let it get to temperature and shut it off. People tell me it's wrong, I don't know why, it has to start every day in the cold for daily drivers doesn't it? I mean WTF.

Just make sure the oil pressure is there and you'll be fine.

Exactly, always a good thing though too, is to fill the gas tank all the way up, and add fuel stabilizer. As long as you let it get to temp, give it a few revs to get the carbon out of the system, you are fine.

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
We do a fresh oil change and every few GOOD days,
(meaning no rain, snow, salt) take her out for a small cruise,

and if it is bad out, just start her up here and there,
but I NEVER leave the car sit without doing anything.

Haven't needed stabilizer yet, just keep about a 1/4 tank of gas in the car and on the nice days run it out and add a little new :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info