2007 Malibu LTZ

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Fellas and ladies, Its about that time. I may be going to pick this car up on Saturday. I still need to chit chat with them. Mos tof you guys know my car. I have 130k on the 04 GTP with the IC, Rockers & Headers along with a 3.2 pulley. How much do you think they'll give me on the trade in? I'm putting down about $3000 and I owe about $7300 on the GTP

Heres the car I'm looking at. It's loaded.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...ional&paId=273486024&recnum=1&leadExists=true

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Thats exactly what I'm looking for plus all the bells and whistles

its got alota toys, and drives nice, but here is my list of complaints *I've borrowed his car for errands a few times*

The door seals go out FAST, there is ALOT of wind noise on the freeway with his, same in a 04 Malibumaxx I test drove.

Throttle feel is a little 'mushy' in my book, but some people prefer that for daily driving

Steering has a very 'artifical' feeling to it.

The stuff that I consider pros:

Doesn't have a problem merging or getting out of its own way

4 speed auto was very smooth

lots of big glass, very easy to see around you.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
You cant go wrong with Kelley Blue Book. If they wont give you what you want ask for a lower price on the car, or just walk out. Blue book looks like 5400 for trade in. I assume your car has mostly highway miles and is in great shape still. The added parts probably wont bring down the value, as long as it drives nicely and is near stock in exhaust noise.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Not bad. If you can qualify, there's currently a 4.9 percent APR rate for the car if it's a GM Certified Used vehicle.

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/incentives/incentivesCPO.jsp?

Also, GM certified cars have a 5-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty from original in-service date, 24/7 roadside assistance for 5 years/100,000 miles and 3-month/3,000-mile limited comprehensive warranty.

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/shopping/cpo/programs/programGuide.jsp?

Just make sure it's a GM certified vehicle, since dealerships can also have their own version of a "certified" used car, which won't get any of the warranty perks or APR rates that the factory-backed programs have.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
ive heard the word "cam walk"... regarding that motor... from my buddy who is a gm tech.

is that a known issue of the motor design? or is that from earlier ones? the one mike is looking at is an 07, so i'd imagine it'd be a fairly new version of the motor (and will likely have a 100K warranty anyways)

*no, I'm not saying that Cam walk is OK*

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Thats gay. If the GTP runs good, why not keep it? If you MUST sell it, take off some of those parts.

Caddy>Malibu

Come talk to me when your putting $350-$400 a month in gas. Hell, I could own another GTP with that. ROund trip to work and home is just over 80 miles

The SS gets horrible gas mileage.

The Malibus motor is as a little motor get up than the G6 and its a little lighter. ( I think)

Last edited:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Have you considered demoding a little? doing some maintance? maybe having Vogel tune it for gas milage?

yeah thats kinda what i was thinking... what kind of gas mileage are you getting out of the gtp...

i know you are quite modded... but it shouldnt be all that much worse than 30 mpg

and that cam walk thing... i guess cars are starting to come in with 50-60k on them, with misfires and no lights... and they are getting traced back to cam walk.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
yeah thats kinda what i was thinking... what kind of gas mileage are you getting out of the gtp...

i know you are quite modded... but it shouldnt be all that much worse than 30 mpg

and that cam walk thing... i guess cars are starting to come in with 50-60k on them, with misfires and no lights... and they are getting traced back to cam walk.

Every cars has its issues. THats why cars are the worst investments. Plus on a 07 and up you get the 100k power train warranty.

De moddind was a thought and getting a new Vogel tune is a nah. I cant let the car go over night anymore. I dont have a 2nd car. Demodding is not cheap and I get 18-20 mpg on that car right now. Its not gong to get much better than that. My car is different from a GEN III due to the fuel system. I really dont want to put anything more intot he car. I pay $423 a month plus a $100 for insurance and on top of it I for out at least $320 a month in gas. Plus I have to put premium gas in this car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info