996 GT3 - silver
996 Carrera cabriolet w/ hard top - silver
993 Carrera - silver
Boxster concept - silver
356 B - Guards red
550 Spyder - black
356 no. 1 - silver

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2ai4k21&s=3

Countless porsche brochures on the bookshelves in the basement, cayenne promotional videos, posters, brochures, 996 facelift GT2 poster 24X36 that Porsche sent me for being a "potential customer" and a few other things including old Kodak photos of my cousin's 1987 Targa (930 body, black fuchs alloys, tan interior, black.)

Need for speed Porsche Unleashed on Game boy advance, PC, and PSone. Various porsche magazines (christophorous, 911&porsche world whenever i see them, du-pont registry from 1999 with the GT1 on the cover..) a Porsche poster from 1997 with the Boxster on it, that my uncle had gotten as a promotional item from porsche, a 1950-2000? Porsche buyer's guide with everything from the 356 to the 914 and 911 and everything(learned a LOT from that.), and my current computer desktop..
kbxfue.jpg

I hear any of the engines from ANY era, and I get chills down my spine.

update
j6jrpe.jpg
< what graces my wall.
old kodaks
15evckl.jpg

acstc0.jpg

20x30 Porsche promo poster from 1997.
dzc6jr.jpg

Would you say I'm obsessed over the brand?

Last edited:

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I'm not sure if I like porsche's or not. My boss got a brand new Carrera S. He gave me a ride, definetly needed a little more power but the handling was great. I'm used to riding in Corvettes, Z06s and Z51s but my boss took this one turn quicker than a Corvette could handle, without the tires even making a noise. I must say, I was pretty impressed. Felt kinda weird hearing the engine behind me.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
I'm not sure if I like porsche's or not. My boss got a brand new Carrera S. He gave me a ride, definetly needed a little more power but the handling was great. I'm used to riding in Corvettes, Z06s and Z51s but my boss took this one turn quicker than a Corvette could handle, without the tires even making a noise. I must say, I was pretty impressed. Felt kinda weird hearing the engine behind me.
Beautiful sounding cars, I (for some reason) LOVE the 993 's sound but I love the 996's body

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp-o-EEn6qQ

Ignore the girl, best "driving" video I could find of a 993.

Maybe this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0EWX6aYIik

Both are beautiful cars however.

porsche-993tt.jpg

jeff%20996tt.jpg

beautiful interior as well

Porsche-993-inside-driver.jpg

911-interior.jpg

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
I hate Porsches. Overpriced set of wheels with massive brakes IMO. I'd rather buy a car for more than just a 'name.'
You're paying for the engineering, the finesse, the history (okay so the name to an extent), the millions of hours of track time that got the vehicles to that point. It's like the corvette. There's just not any old reason a car can last 40-50 years, with 8 refreshments. It lasted because it's durable, beautiful, powerful, practical, and intelligently built.

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
You're paying for the engineering, the finesse, the history (okay so the name to an extent), the millions of hours of track time that got the vehicles to that point. It's like the corvette. There's just not any old reason a car can last 40-50 years, with 8 refreshments. It lasted because it's durable, beautiful, powerful, practical, and intelligently built.

I'm not really a big fan of Corvettes, either. I respect the C5+ models, and both new versions of the z06 are pretty amazing. However other than those and 63-67's, there's nothing that tickles my fancy. ESPECIALLY 74-91's... GARBAGE!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info