went for a tune today

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
STKoRn97 said:
i agree with mirza, a bad maf will pretty much cause the car to barely run if its completely shot. no air flow detection means engine is lost what to do really. dont see how you would still be running

My dad bought a 96 Blazer a few years ago to resell, it would start up and then die a few seconds later, we found out it had a mad MAF.

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
vipermike2002 said:
STKoRn97 said:
i agree with mirza, a bad maf will pretty much cause the car to barely run if its completely shot. no air flow detection means engine is lost what to do really. dont see how you would still be running

My dad bought a 96 Blazer a few years ago to resell, it would start up and then die a few seconds later, we found out it had a mad MAF.

wow, a mad maf.... did it try to attack you and your dad whenever you popped the hood??? cause that would suck :noes:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
STKoRn97 said:
wow, a mad maf.... did it try to attack you and your dad whenever you popped the hood??? cause that would suck :noes:

hsughlol.gif

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
FFPerformance said:
Hmmm you would think that if the sensors were bad and not working, that the computer would go into limp mode, pull timing and fatten up the fuel.... not lean it out.

agreed - you should be way rich - or the sensor is reading enough to stay out of limp mode and be lean as hell - but it will run with bad maf - it will just run like shit!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info