M3>GTR

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Not to defend the GTR, but to Car and Driver M3>God, I mean, it has never lost a comparison or test that they do, they like the way it drives so when another car drives different(not necessarily better or worse) they automatically say the Bimmer is more fun or more natural to drive..... Not to shit on the M3 either....

P.S. You get yours yet??

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
i read the article and the :wackit: fest over on the m3 boards.....i believe the m3 won not based on performance figures, but things like trunk space, interior, etc etc...not all that surprising considering BMW didnt build the m3 with nothing but the track in mind

still a fantastic car tho

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Carbon fiber roof is not standard. You have a choice, carbon fiber roof or moon roof with painted steel roof. 19" wheels are also an option, the car comes stock with 18" wheels. And silver leather looks awesome on the car in my opinion. Everybody always gets black, time for something different. Quote from the car and driver article. "Every other manufacturer should give up on building their own cars and just make M3s instead" LOL!!! By the way, it's not for sure that I'll get the car Monday. The ship docked today in SC, it usually only takes a couple days though for it to get from the port to the dealer.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
how bout that, my C&D came today too...heres the breakdown

and they say the GT-R and the M3 are equal on performance? come on (no offense turk)

testpg1.jpg

testpg2.jpg

TCG disclaimer: Mook is a rabbid GT-R fan and his views do not coincide with the views of others on this site

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
car and driver = worst magazine ever...their stats this month compared to last months stats are JUST a bit off

the 911 and GT-R run identical 1/4 mile times (w/ the slight edge to the 911) and the GT-R does a 3.2 0-60, which also beats out the 911. OH, and its faster around any road course....if you want, we can argue this when i get home and can quote last months car and driver and this months where there specs and times are vastly different from each other

and the m3 does NOT run 1/4 mile and 0-60 anywhere close to the 911 or the nissan....lap times however are a different story as the m3 has proven itself very potent around a track

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Looks like somebody didn't read the article. The track in which they tested the cars at was at an eleveation of 4200ft. All 3 cars suffered power loss because of this, the M3 though suffered more being that it is NA. M3>Porsche>Nissan

Dogs love trucks.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
they havent used that line forever....was nissan the one that used the pigeons in their commercial? damn that was a long time ago

yea, i saw the elevation part...i still think car and driver is full of shit....buut ill just agree to disagree with you b/c we could go around in circles forever on this

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info