Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Drive the s10

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
Alright, my cavalier is getting up there close to 200k miles and its just been going down the pooper lately..brake lines blowing, trans has some loud bearings in it and its making some funky noises, and a bunch of other stuff. So today my dad offered me his 95 s10. Has about 115k miles on it but it is in mint condition. Its a 4.3 tho, so it pretty much sucks fuel like its it job. whatcha think should i attempt to sell the shit box and drive the s10. or save up and just buy something else.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
You could drive the S10, and chop up and recycle the metal from the cavi...probably worth at least $500...and you'll have the S10 to hual the scrap to the yard.

Or sell what you can from the cavi, or whole as a parts car. Use the money plus the S10 to put a down on something decent.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
damn post whore...if i drive the s10 its getting an ls1 6spd before the end of the summer..its inevitable or an LQ4 i should say..

now we're goin LS based? no LT1?

The 5.3 is a damn strong contender and dont actually suck all that much fuel.

or you could try a sy-ty setup on that 4.3... but twin turbo!

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
now we're goin LS based? no LT1?

The 5.3 is a damn strong contender and dont actually suck all that much fuel.

or you could try a sy-ty setup on that 4.3... but twin turbo!

hellz nah i wanted to do an lt1 cuz ls motors were still expensive..but now ive found them for under a grand. and yea with a proper tune i could probably pull 25mpg

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
The S-10 is straight up yours right? or do you have to give your pops some moola? Its probably going to take a lot of money to keep fixing the cavi, might as well spend that on gas for the s-10. Whats the final drive on the rear end? I cant find specs, so find out what the gearing is and lower it the engine has enough torque to handle that. It probably isnt OBDII so it might be hard to find a tuner.

Thread Info