Plugging spoiler holes

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Those of you guys who are de-winged what are you doing to plug your bolt holes? I want to take the wing off of my car, and dont want to pay to have the work done for permanently plugging the holes. The car is parked outside and just leaving them exposed wont work. I was thinking vinyl, but thats going to look kind of shitty.

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
easiest way is to go the bondo route. cover the underside of the holes, then bondo the holes, then sand down. use high grit when your smoothing out. now, you will probably need to repaint that spot lightly if you want it to look smooth, but to effectively make it look good, you gotta put in a small amount of time. and if you get pin spots from the bondo, use their glaze to fill them.

SHOmuff

Doing the damn thing.
Oct 22, 2007
Wheaton
I would not Bondo over the holes. It will look like shit after a year or two.

My brother took off his spoiler and plugged the holes with plastic fasteners he got at Ace. He put some type of waterproof sealant around each one. He's ran it like that for a few years now and don't think he's had any problems.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I would not Bondo over the holes. It will look like shit after a year or two.

My brother took off his spoiler and plugged the holes with plastic fasteners he got at Ace. He put some type of waterproof sealant around each one. He's ran it like that for a few years now and don't think he's had any problems.

That sounds a little more up my alley. I can paint those a close color to my car, and its easily reversible.

chry*bmb

You're a waste of my gas...
Apr 16, 2008
TN
Yeah, I just got fasteners from Home Depot and used my color matched paint. That way it's not permanent. You can't tell unless you're right up on it. Wasn't sure if I wanted permanent fill, but I think I may go with a Monaro Lip anyway. Go for the cheap fix at hardware store. Total cost? 4 bucks. (Had paint already)

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I woul put those squirters for the windshield that are mounted on the hood of other cars to cover the holes. Hook it up to a pump and small tank so you can squirt people behind you that piss you off in traffic.

I reversed the sprayer on my 83 civic wagon, and had a blast with it. I used to get people to stand behind my car under the guise of looking to see if both brakelights were working then squirt them. good times...

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I woul put those squirters for the windshield that are mounted on the hood of other cars to cover the holes. Hook it up to a pump and small tank so you can squirt people behind you that piss you off in traffic.

I reversed the sprayer on my 83 civic wagon, and had a blast with it. I used to get people to stand behind my car under the guise of looking to see if both brakelights were working then squirt them. good times...

On my last car, I used to turn them sideways and do drive byes with them. Movie theater on a friday night in summer.... People in convertables, drive thrus, you name it

chry*bmb

You're a waste of my gas...
Apr 16, 2008
TN
Oh, the convertibles totally! Especially through yuppie towns, on beeotches looking all like I'm the shit, bow down before me slaves!

I just LOVE counseling them at work. Snotty shits. They expect you to put the pen in their greedy ass hands. I just plop the pen down. Along with the money, if they use cash. Stretch your damn hand out honey, it won't break...

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Fastners are your best bet. On a buddy of ours 2000 Type R integra, he used the fasteners for the rear interior. They worked perfect and very snug(didnt need any sealant), he didnt car about them seeing as the car had little to no interior. I had suggested he weld them but he purposely changed the look of the car every week for street racing and always wanted to be able to slap everything back on.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
As funny as that is, it worked 80% of the time. He didnt have a job and it kept money in his pocket.
Change the muffler, change spoiler, remove "race team banner", change fog lights....even cams somtimes(made the car sound so much different) Most people thought it was completly different car.

Let us know what fasteners you end up finding

They don't remember how the guy physically looked?... :s00ls:

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
My buddy had an old POS dodge caravan Woody wagon thing, from like when they first came out in the 80s...you could pull the rubber hoses off on the washer system and it would squirt out sideways, directly at people walking down sidewalks. Made for many good times leaving school or driving through the park.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info