Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
motivator5163718pn5.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
my moms car has a drivers oh shit handle......:werd:

and someone refresh my memory, why are they illegal here and if so why have i seen skylines at strats?

Saftey and emissions IIRC. There are alot more giant SUV's here in the US that are going 70+MPH that can hit things than in Japan.

The one at the strats has been there for a few years, Company's can convert them to pass US inspection and be legal on the roads here.

y2kstang

Regular
Apr 23, 2008
chicago
shut up panda....wait..no, you're ryan

and the r32 is my unicorn...id take it over any car out there. sad isnt it?
+1 that. but that one is not right hand drive so maybe u can ship it hear . my best bet is to go there and drive it back. i did that with my mustang . but thats a ford. u got to get a letter from nissan that it meets us safety standards and all that crap. call nissan in canada or see if has it on the door tag or under the hood like all cars do. it will say us or mexico safety.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
you cant bring any into the country period...well, i take that back. u can bring r33's into the country if u have all the proper safety and emissions crap done...after motorex screwed everyone, its very hard to legally do it. theres a company out of maryland i believe that will do all the DOT and EPA work but its often not worth the cost. theres a company that will import a shell and do all the work...u are responsible for finding an engine and trans tho.

there are less than legal means of getting them which is why you see a few running around...id be willing to bet theres very few legal ones in the state...u can get them registered in towns w/ no emissions and that really dont care but they will NEVER be federally legal which is why if u get in an accident with one your insurance will tell you to fuck off and if u someone get caught with one and someone actually looks into it, the govt will take it and crush it

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
no need to do that either.....if u really want one, its not THAT hard....just search in florida, georiga or like north or south carolina...texas is good too. people bring em in and find a way to get a state title....ive almost bought one a few times

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info