Brakes

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
So I pulled into my dads driveway the other day in my truck, and as i barely started to apply the brakes the pedal starts pulsating like the abs is going on. Which doesnt make sense since I was doing like 3-5 mph. I realized i was not slowing so I mashed the pedal and it just pushed back like the abs does. The calipers also failed to compress and grab the rotors so my 7000# truck coasted up the driveway and into the brick corner of the house next to the garage. Knocked about a 6 foot tall by 3 ft wide section of brick loose (dad was happy about that), but only a small dent in my bumper. Got to love steel.

Still dont know whats wrong with it, had a mechanic friend take it last night, but he could not get it to do it again. It did not set off the check engine or abs lights either.

Any ideas?

DarkShadow

o.O
TCG Premium
Aug 1, 2007
Berkeley, IL
but the brakes still would have worked? debris in your Brake fluid? low fluid levels at all?

if the abs thinks theres a massive lockup it can cause a no brakes situation. because when it kicks on it takes over its gonna try to stop that whee from locking up which in turn reduces pressure to the other wheels too if the computer is confused.... im tellin ya, if my abs light doesnt come on pulling out of my driveway in my alero i usually have to coast thru the stop sign at the end of my block before it faults....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info