what do u guys think?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
when i get the camaro painted im going to go with black with cobalt flakes. i havent seen a car with it yet so i have no pictures. but it will be black with flakes of this mixed in

sf14.jpg

probably tiny or middle sized flakes.

similar to this but black with a bluish tint

BMW-58.jpg

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
The 305 runs, the brakes are gone on it though IIRC.

but its still a 305 hehe..i think that flake on black would look hot, but you have to think about if it ever chips, how hard its going to be to touch it up, if you had to repaint a bumper or something it would be pretty hard to match again. Solid colors FTW. Do what you want, but i think if you got the color code from your balt..that would look damn sexy on the camaro. just my .02

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
but its still a 305 hehe..i think that flake on black would look hot, but you have to think about if it ever chips, how hard its going to be to touch it up, if you had to repaint a bumper or something it would be pretty hard to match again. Solid colors FTW. Do what you want, but i think if you got the color code from your balt..that would look damn sexy on the camaro. just my .02

yes the 305 wont be staying ;)

and you make a pretty good point, touching up stuff like that would suck lol. just put alot of clear coats :D

and actually i was also thinking about that aswell. theres some sweeet as blues out there.

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
I think it would be an awesome color. good luck!

oh, yea, it will look amazing. lol, forgot to add that.

but also, do some cool shit with the interior, like nice blue leather with black pipine, or blk with blue stitching you know? and have a chevy bow tie or camaro logo embroidered in the seat back like i think your ss/sc has

James

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
oh, yea, it will look amazing. lol, forgot to add that.

but also, do some cool shit with the interior, like nice blue leather with black pipine, or blk with blue stitching you know? and have a chevy bow tie or camaro logo embroidered in the seat back like i think your ss/sc has

James

awsome idea! i didnt even think about that

I could see him saying "Its not a fortune. Macco will do the entire car for $900". :rofl:

no macco

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
remember the car has urethane front and rear bumpers that require a special flex additive to be added to the paint... so it wont look like how it does now with all the yellow blotches. stuffs not cheap either

i know :D fiberglass sideskirts too

I dont think people realize how much work it is to paint a car.

:werd: after taking auto body for couple years, its much much more work then i would thought, and there is alot involved

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
SilentD I know it would be fun to turn a pile of shit into a show car but the amount of work involved is crazy. You probably would spend over 20K when its said and done. Why not start with a car that will actually be worth money when its restored. That would be a more wise investment. OR buy a clean rust free 3rd gen roller, they are probably a dime a dozen, and skip the whole restoration process and build a motor. OR get the Camaro drivable, cruise around, beat the shit out of it, have fun. I like the 3rd option the best.

Like I said in the last post, I dont think you have any idea of what is involved with painting a car. I take it you are going to paint under the hood (remove motor) door james, inside car, door panels, truck etc. Anything other than that is pretty half ass and ghetto. Prep is the most important part. If anything have someone who knows what they are doing, prep the car and you spray it yourself. That will probably get better results if you want to be cheap about it. Cheap and good don't goto together in the auto industry.

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
SilentD I know it would be fun to turn a pile of shit into a show car but the amount of work involved is crazy. You probably would spend over 20K when its said and done. Why not start with a car that will actually be worth money when its restored. That would be a more wise investment. OR buy a clean rust free 3rd gen roller, they are probably a dime a dozen, and skip the whole restoration process and build a motor. OR get the Camaro drivable, cruise around, beat the shit out of it, have fun. I like the 3rd option the best.

Like I said in the last post, I dont think you have any idea of what is involved with painting a car. I take it you are going to paint under the hood (remove motor) door james, inside car, door panels, truck etc. Anything other than that is pretty half ass and ghetto. Prep is the most important part. If anything have someone who knows what they are doing, prep the car and you spray it yourself. That will probably get better results if you want to be cheap about it. Cheap and good don't goto together in the auto industry.

:werd: to everything

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
panda what u dont understand and what u cant seem to get through ur head is i KNOW what is needed. I KNOW the work that needs to be done and i KNOW how to do it. i have worked with plastics, i have worked with metal, i have worked with bondo, i have preped a full car, i have prepped bumpers, i have fixed orange peel, i have painted primer, paint, clear. i have mixed paint, i have experimented with flakes and metallics and pearls. i have polished, sanded, wet sanded, stripped paint from plastics etc. i have done all this.

I am not some kid who read something and thinks he can do it. I HAVE done it. i have even worked with some air brushing and had a professional come in to teach use how to air brush. i KNOW the costs involved and it wont be anywhere near 20k. it would be that much if i had someone else do it. The reason i choose to keep the 3rd gen is because its something that means something to me. if it didnt i would get rid of it. i got the car for $1 from my gfs dad. he basicly gave it to me. it was suppose to be a project car for me and my dad. we got it running together, then he passed and we never finished it. this is why i want to work on this. this is why i am keeping it no matter what people say.

and this isnt trying to be a show car, or a race car. grant it i wouldnt mind throwing a ls1 into it to learn but it is only a idea. nothing when it comes to motor is set in stone. i could care less if it is worth nothing or worth nothing to u. it is something im doing and something i can say i did myself. not many people can say that about something.

and im not cheap. i know what im doing and its going to be done the right way

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
what u dont get is i know alot more then u think i do. alot of people on this forum think im just some smart ass that knows shit. i give people smart ass comments to joke around, if someone were to have a serious conversation with me, u would know i know my shit and i dont just talk out of my ass. i admit if im wrong and if anything learn from it

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
panda what u dont understand and what u cant seem to get through ur head is i KNOW what is needed. I KNOW the work that needs to be done and i KNOW how to do it. i have worked with plastics, i have worked with metal, i have worked with bondo, i have preped a full car, i have prepped bumpers, i have fixed orange peel, i have painted primer, paint, clear. i have mixed paint, i have experimented with flakes and metallics and pearls. i have polished, sanded, wet sanded, stripped paint from plastics etc. i have done all this.

I am not some kid who read something and thinks he can do it. I HAVE done it. i have even worked with some air brushing and had a professional come in to teach use how to air brush. i KNOW the costs involved and it wont be anywhere near 20k. it would be that much if i had someone else do it. The reason i choose to keep the 3rd gen is because its something that means something to me. if it didnt i would get rid of it. i got the car for $1 from my gfs dad. he basicly gave it to me. it was suppose to be a project car for me and my dad. we got it running together, then he passed and we never finished it. this is why i want to work on this. this is why i am keeping it no matter what people say.

and this isnt trying to be a show car, or a race car. grant it i wouldnt mind throwing a ls1 into it to learn but it is only a idea. nothing when it comes to motor is set in stone. i could care less if it is worth nothing or worth nothing to u. it is something im doing and something i can say i did myself. not many people can say that about something.

and im not cheap. i know what im doing and its going to be done the right way

I'm not telling you how todo anything, you asked what I think and I told you. If your confident with your body work, I know your brother needs some, maybe you can help him out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info