I'm sure I already know the answer to this but...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Should I trade in my focus for an LS1 GTO?

I have a 5 year loan currently, and am a year and a half threw it so I still owe 13 on the car. I figure worst case I take a 1 maybe 2K hit trading it in because 'economical' cars are selling like hot-cakes right now. I would get a used LS1 GTO 6spd with lower miles *I saw a 26K miles 04 IIRC 'purple haze' 6 speed for 17500 at the dealer where mook got his Z* and I'd basically get a new loan, but it'd have to be a 6 year one so I can keep my payments the same (All this is counting on that the insurance doesn't rape me)

And to answer in advance, Yes, I'd be keeping the civic, but no, I wouldn't be putting any more money into it :squint:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Sorry your NOT going to get what you think for that car. I'd guess the most a dealer will give you is 9K.

i highly doubt I'm going to take a 4K hit if they want me to buy a car from them. I know I'm going to take a hit if I do it, but my focus isn't the stripper model either and I can sell the remainder of my warranty back to ford for about $800.

Last edited:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
No offense, but it's a Focus ... and a Ford ... the resale value has already tanked to the point where you would lose enough money on the trade-in to make it a bad move. I would guess trade-in value wouldn't be more than 9-10 if you have every option and it's flawless.

Nasty93

Nasty93
Oct 17, 2007
The Unit
Trade in a grocery getter for a V8 musclecar as we're about to break $4 a gallon for regular?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6ALySsPXt0

yea what he said.

especially when you justify your hondas by "they get great mileage"
you buy a shitbomb civic and explain to the world you got it because of its awesome fuel economy and now you want to get a rwd v8?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
6 speed ls1 gto = almost 30 MPG

James

My focus gets 30mpg typically on the freeway as well, so really I'd only be sacrificing mileage in town *with my 4 mile commute to work*

Regardless though, Balls, stop taking stabs at my honda, its just becoming obnoxious. Have I ever said a single bad thing about anything you drive? I'm not buying a GTO, its nothing more than a pipe-dream and with the shoutbox gone I was bored.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info