it wont start still

gotti's si

Banned
Dec 2, 2007
wheaton
Real Name
DRE GOTTi
hey guys . my car still wont start . i know it dsm . battery is great... plugs/wires were changed.. so was distributor, an cap & rotor an with the distributor there crank sensor on there an the coil is all made in to one distributor. it not getting injector pulse .plus i check all fuse's . i pop open ecu there was no burnout conpatiers then i replace with brand new ecu out the box. I'm not getting spark, compression there , timing belt not broke . no spark
Its a solid.. crankcrankcrankcrank. can you guys help me ?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
hey guys . my car still wont start . i know it dsm . battery is great... plugs/wires were changed.. so was distributor, an cap & rotor an with the distributor there crank sensor on there an the coil is all made in to one distributor. it not getting injector pulse .plus i check all fuse's . i pop open ecu there was no burnout conpatiers then i replace with brand new ecu out the box. I'm not getting spark, compression there , timing belt not broke . no spark
Its a solid.. crankcrankcrankcrank. can you guys help me ?

"I'm not getting spark"

"It not getting injector pulse"

If you aren't getting fuel OR spark, you need to check all of both systems. Does your fuel pump work? Are your spark plug wires in the right order? how beat up is your wiring harness?

Nasty93

Nasty93
Oct 17, 2007
The Unit
hes not getting spark... what does that have to do with timing or crossed wires.... if theres NO spark obviously we have something wrong before all that.
is there power getting to the coil? if theres no power to the coil find out what feeds the coil and go there. If the coil has power in but no spark out. We have a coil issue. (or an ICM not sure how the ignition is on that car)

start there and see what you have.

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
The guy says he doesn't have power to the injectors AND power to the ignition.
I think he needs to clarify more....I don't think he's qualified to check'em because there's no way both aren't working.

And I'd love to hear what tests he's done to come to his conclusions.
There's no way to help him if he's not capable of a decent diagnosis.

Nasty93

Nasty93
Oct 17, 2007
The Unit
The guy says he doesn't have power to the injectors AND power to the ignition.
I think he needs to clarify more....I don't think he's qualified to check'em because there's no way both aren't working.

And I'd love to hear what tests he's done to come to his conclusions.
There's no way to help him if he's not capable of a decent diagnosis.

this is true

gotti's si

Banned
Dec 2, 2007
wheaton
Real Name
DRE GOTTi
hey guys i use test light for injector pulse . i also did was spark plug tester see if i was geting spark . i also never heard fuel pump kick in . we test the relays an they all work when i tested them they click an they have right volt when i did volt test . they say when you dont get spark or fuel it ecu but i put new one in there . maybe a bad wire somewere

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Your fuel pump may be bad, but the injectors would still pulse, just nothing would come out, I am not too familiar with the DSMs', but whatever it is that the ecm uses to trigger the injector and the spark, be it a Crank position sensor or a cam position sensor may be your problem... check power and signal at these sensors then get back to us :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info