Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Mechanic Kittay says "Danger to Teh Manifold!"

PIC-0505.jpg

The Siblings together

PIC-0507.jpg

And the final check before heading home with the new trans

PIC-0509.jpg

The trans is silky smooth, no grinds, and needless to say I'm shifting quite a bit slower right now. Fresh oil, Fresh oilpan gasket, and we welded a Bung onto my Oilpan and plugged it for a Oil drain line for when the turbo setup gets installed.

The B18A1/B1 Motor I picked up for Kims car came with linkage AND shifter, as well as poly mount inserts, and a Alternator UDP, a P75ECU, axles, and other goodies only cost me $500 and was attached to the transmission thats currently IN my hatch now. I tried taking a picture of my Intercooler tonight also, but I screwed up the pic, but The goodnews is that it holds pressure! and as Free! IC Piping, oil and coolant lines, and a Chip, and It'll be off and boosting!

Everyone wish me luck! I hope to hit the track in the coming weeks to see what it has in it!

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
i bet it doesnt hit 14s

I bet it won't either.

again, I know how people hate to have cars compared, but 'typically' EG hatches with this swap with bolt-ons and the stock trans run mid to low 15's, and a few gutted ones have gotten into the high high 14's.

but I'm still NA, so just getting into the 15's will make me happy considering this motor loves boost.

and thanks for the support everybody, I look forward to measuring out the mounts for the intercooler soon :wink:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
perhaps, but i imagine they're still going to be rather bumpy. s-techs were on my wrx when i bought it. never changed em due to laziness, but i definently wouldnt buy them for another car. s-techs are on my brothers g35 too, also on the car when he bought it, and his ride is worse than my wrxs. i love the drop those springs give, but you sacrifice a lotta ride quality

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info