Road America Business Trip

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
:D

100 Journalists, 80 cars.

They let us run on the entire course except for the front stretch up the hill and past the race control tower. The cars were separated into cars that can only go on the surrounding roads and cars that could go on the track. Every car was open to drive.

Except the IS-F. They had professional driver Scott Pruett giving laps around the track. I got a one-on-one drive with Pruett and he was totally conversational at 140-plus mph on the back stretch :rofl: It was the most extreme drive I've ever been on and made me feel completely inadequete in my road course abilities.

On the second day there was autocross in the big lot and that was a blast, too.

roadamerica005resize.jpg

The ride up I took up there
roadamerica008resize.jpg

roadamerica012resize.jpg

roadamerica013resize.jpg

Waiting in line for the instructional drive around the track from a fellow employee. EVO X GSR
roadamerica016resize.jpg

roadamerica017resize.jpg

roadamerica018resize.jpg

roadamerica019resize.jpg

roadamerica020resize.jpg

roadamerica021resize.jpg

roadamerica022resize.jpg

roadamerica023resize.jpg

roadamerica024resize.jpg

roadamerica025resize.jpg

roadamerica026resize.jpg

roadamerica027resize.jpg

roadamerica028resize.jpg

roadamerica029resize.jpg

roadamerica030resize.jpg

roadamerica031resize.jpg

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
why didn't they have one of those for you to kick around? seems odd. they do this weekend, i think it is today actually, that lexus is having their driving event at autobahn. i believe it's $295 for instructor led hours of track time today, then free the weekend which is (i think) any other lexus on track time (wonder if it's at speed, or with autox cones and makes you slow down a lot or what) and an instructor driven lap in an is-f.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
All of the cars are owned by the automakers, so representatives were there from each of the automakers to represent their brand/cars. Lexus decided to bring Pruett, who races for Lexus in the Rolex Sport Car Series for Ganassi racing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info