How do you change shift points in PowerTuner?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Ron would be the best to answer this but someone can probably tell me where the shiftpoints are located. Check your ILGPC PM Ron.

I am now running a modified base bin file Vogel configured for a header/rocker car, but I do not have rockers. I am also running a modified trans file Vogel made. Apparently most of the DHP settings suck, so I wanted to start fresh. I noticed in the fuel>torque management>High_RPM_Fuel_Cutoff that is set to high 6500 and low 6600. stock DHP is high 6250 and low 6249.02. Is that the shiftpoint? I noticed when I went out for a drive my car looked like it shifted later than normal.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
i didnt know you could change shift points, i thought it was all based on the gearing and not on the ecu

i know high_rpm_ cutoff is your fuel cut off point (rev limiter) so essentially i guess u could go higher before shifting

Yes that could be the rev limiter. "Engine speed above which all injectors are shut off".

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
i didnt know you could change shift points, i thought it was all based on the gearing and not on the ecu

i know high_rpm_ cutoff is your fuel cut off point (rev limiter) so essentially i guess u could go higher before shifting

Quiet junior, the adults are having a conversation.

Ron's got it. Both the shift RPM and MPH have to be changed in the perf-shift folder. The RPM and MPH must match or the shifts will be fucked up, hence the shift calculator Ron's got. Works wonders.

lol @ not practical

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Quiet junior, the adults are having a conversation.

Ron's got it. Both the shift RPM and MPH have to be changed in the perf-shift folder. The RPM and MPH must match or the shifts will be fucked up, hence the shift calculator Ron's got. Works wonders.

lol @ not practical

:rofl:

I made a few changes and dropped a half mile of MPG. So Im gonna go back to stock cept the pressure settings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info