Anyone know about Ford trucks?

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
My dad has a 99 Ford F-250 V10 XLT with over 173,000 miles! (God, I love this truck! It's indestructible! Well, almost.....!) Recently I've noticed a pretty loud groaning coming from the driver side wheel. Now, at first I thought it was the tire itself, but we did a tire roation and the groaning was still there. Anyone have any ideas as to what it could be? Bearing or something? It always groans, when the RPM's increase so does the groaning! The best way to describe the sound is that it sounds like the tire is rubbing against the spring but the tire is in perfect shape. What gives?

-Mike

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Seriously, at 173K miles, I hope the bearings on that thing have been replaced at least once or twice. Otherwise, I'd say for sure the bearing are DESTROYED. They'll make a grinding type sound, and if you keep driving on them, they'll end up grinding the retaining bolts off the spindle and the wheel falls off while you're driving. Check those things out!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info