Roll Bar and Car Insurance

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
Ok, I was ready to get my roll cage this week and the insurance company appears not to be mod friendly to Roll Cages. (State Farm) So I said, how about a Roll Bar and they said no! :pissed-of

Now I don't expect them to insure the car for any mishap on the track, but I would like insurance on the street since this is my daily driver. Some say that a roll bar is more dangerous on the street since you are not wearing a helmet during daily drive. I would prefer to have the cage or bar and pad it well and take my chances, but I still need insurance.

Anyone else know of an insurance company that is mod friendly to roll bars or roll cages in Verts?

CKA

Regular
Nov 30, 2004
Did u have 2 tell them u were putting a roll cage in???
I have Palabe & Associates who have me with Midwest Security and they never ever asked me any mods questions.
I keep hearing this, do they ask u 2 tell them what mods u have??
Just wondering. :)

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
No, they never asked... I just thought it might be excluded in the language somewhere so I asked first. I really don't know if it is excluded or not. I don't even know where my policy is, the usually just send the addendums(sp?) It would suck to hit a deer or something and them to deny my claim cause I got a roll bar in the car.

Make its "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy

or

"Better to Ask for Forgivness than to Ask for Permission"

CKA

Regular
Nov 30, 2004
True, I am such a liar, I never tell. well, will not be telling.
Geee, but it makes sense and you are right. Better safe than sorry.
Then I would not know, I just think StateFarm are a$$holes, they are so strict about everything. But that's just me. :)

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
CKA said:
True, I am such a liar, I never tell. well, will not be telling.
Geee, but it makes sense and you are right. Better safe than sorry.
Then I would not know, I just think StateFarm are a$$holes, they are so strict about everything. But that's just me. :)

They might be, but I had a GF that filed for arbitration and she was able to collect on both policies (Mine and hers) even though she was only driving one car @ the time. State Farm paid policy limit and it took less than one year from the time of the accident. It never went to arbitration. Some of it might have to do with the lawyer, he was phenominal. The only lawyer I have ever met that I would trust.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Mystic Terminator
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list