I'm picking up another piece of the puzzle tomorrow.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I've been 'acquiring' parts as I see them for free/cheap cheap cheap....

so I have a resistor box *needed for DSM injectors*

I have a GM 3 BAR map sensor *needed for boost levels over 8PSI*

and now I'll have DSM 450cc Injectors and a 14b Turbo with its down pipe and oil lines

Now I just need to keep an eye out for a DSM B-series turbo manifold, IC piping, and some good fuel management (and most likely a new walbro fuel pump)

I'm aiming for 10PSI for less than $500 :wink:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
ah gotcha. will the whole thing fit in my crx? hell i should just pick up a wrecked gsx and throw the drivetrain under it.....hmmm....

There are a few 4G civics in the US, but none with AWD that I have seen.

There is a 4WD turbo D16 powered CRX on www.homemadeturbo.com thats pretty cool.

The long block minus the turbo and injectors is forsale for $350 obo incase anyone is interested or knows anyone that needs one.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Actually the GM 2 bar reads to 14.53psi, and the 3 bar is like 40ish psi. Same output voltage, just less resolution.

I know the 2 bar reads 14, but the OEM honda MAP only reads 1 bar.

Maybe someone can check for me? its the MAP off a 99 Pontiac Montana van with a 3400, Looks just like the rest of them, so I'm not SURE its a 3 bar or 2 bar.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Yeah, I never used it or worked with it personally, but that's probably right.

I think your Montana MAP may only be the 1 bar though.

One bar is a unit of pressure. 1 Bar = standard atmospheric pressure, 14.7 psi.

A "1 bar" MAP reads from zero psig, to negative 14.7 psig (0-100 kPa). A two-bar like a GTP has can read from -14.7 to 14.7 psig (0-200 kPa). A three -bar reads one bar negative, two bar positive, so -14.7 to +29.4 psig (0-300 kPa).:smile:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Is this the motor you just broke? Sorry im just confused a lil.

Naw, my motor is still golden, trans bombed, This is the motor out of a turbo eclipse

Sneak Peak :wink:

Turbo.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info