Texas Speed Mess up

BluBeaSSt

TCG Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Kansas City Mo
This is on my buddy's LS1 H/C/I Camaro, anyways He was going on a cruise last weekend and was getting on it hard on the highway and then.....it died!!!

heres the carnage...

-004.jpg

-008.jpg

-013.jpg

-017.jpg

-016.jpg

To boot, they arnt doing anything about it :(

makes ya think twice about Texas Speed Stuff huh?

bluzohh6

The system works
Jul 2, 2007
Elgin, IL
but in all honesty, it doesn't look like texas speed would have any control over that happening. Look carefully at the head, it has a GM stamp right on it. Could have been a bad cast from GM and if thats the case, which thats what it looks like, then how the hell would Texas speed be able to predict that or warranty that? Should have bought some AFR's

BluBeaSSt

TCG Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Kansas City Mo
but in all honesty, it doesn't look like texas speed would have any control over that happening. Look carefully at the head, it has a GM stamp right on it. Could have been a bad cast from GM and if thats the case, which thats what it looks like, then how the hell would Texas speed be able to predict that or warranty that? Should have bought some AFR's

It was there LS6 CNC job....how many LS6 heads do you hear doing that?

Nasty93

Nasty93
Oct 17, 2007
The Unit
Its high performance.
You should expect things to break thats why they don't come that way from the factory, its not reliable. IMO its not really there fault, i bet theres 1000 sets of heads CNCed the exact same way with no issues. More of a case of badluck, and i dont feel texas speed should step up. Its part of the game. Should i expect my engine builder to do something for free if i break a rod? No, its part of the game.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Its high performance.
You should expect things to break thats why they don't come that way from the factory, its not reliable. IMO its not really there fault, i bet theres 1000 sets of heads CNCed the exact same way with no issues. More of a case of badluck, and i dont feel texas speed should step up. Its part of the game. Should i expect my engine builder to do something for free if i break a rod? No, its part of the game.

exactly... its not like they ported that head any different than other ones they do. there was probally some porosity in the casting that was just in the "right" spot to cause that type of carnage.

is there anything else wrong with the engine besides that? it seems just one head being replaced would fix the issue, depending on how much metal got down into the bottom end

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info