Advise for removing bumper inserts?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I've used GooGone on my LX paint and didn't have that problem. Weird. This is from GooGone's FAQ: "1. Can I use Goo Gone to remove tar, stickers, grease off my car?

Goo Gone is safe on your car exterior, using instructions for hard surfaces. It's safe on your upholstery and carpeting, using the instructions for carpeting. It's safe on the vinyl and glass, but may remove the tint from the tinted side of windows."

I like the GooGone product but since Jack had problems I would suggest testing an out of the way area first.

Painter

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Alright I have the solution, I had a van that was lettered with vinyl stickers, large ones and small.The place that lettered it(SIGNS NOW) gave me this tool, like a small plastic scraper with kinda sharp edges that removed all the lettering. It was very tedious but effective. Its best when temp's are in the 80's or warmer. So go to a sign shop like SIGNS NOW and get one of those tools. Look them up in the yellow pages theyre all over the place. No scratches or scrapes to the paint either.

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
CrimsonCobra_01 said:
i got some cheap black vynil stickers and wanna replace them with stainless steel inserts, any advice on how to apply those, cause the website said they have 3M stickies on the back.

the last thing i wanna do is screw up my bumper
just follow the instructions that come with the SS inserts, you should be fine..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info