Pulled over What to do??

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
So driving back from college for spring break this past friday I roll into a small town near Kankakee called Essex. The speed drops from 55 to 30 then jumps to 40 then back up to 55 mph. So I was driving through and there was a cop just on the outskirts of town shooting radar. Pulled me over and came up to the window saying I was doing 54 in a 40. Now both myself and my friend in the car knew I was not doing 54. Ill admit I was prob doing slightly over 45 maybe round 48 but I know that town and Im not stupid enough to do 54 in the 40 there. Is there anything I can do to get this dropped or any advice? Ive had quite a few run ins with speeding and the police but never have I ever had a cop lie so bad on a ticket.

My one thought is.... My Dad has this thing in his car called the car chip. He has it to monior stuff that the PCM sees. U pull it out from the Diag connector and u download your entire trips info including all speeds and accelerations. I was thinking of just putting this in my car. Go drive around a little and modify the dates and times and bring it in to court. I know that this is really shady of me but honestly im tired of being targeted for having a sports car, especially when the speed is inflated by the cop over 5-6 mph. Any other ideas?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Any sort of monitoring software to take with to court as solid proof would need GPS, and would be expensive and time consuming, both in installation, execution, and in court...

Just go to court, tell them you were not speeding, and hope for the best if you aren't willing to take the hit on your record. Or lawyer up.

Or sell your car and buy a civic :s00ls:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I'll just say it... That'a a terrible idea.

It's a speeding ticket and you're talking about being within a few mph of his number and you were still speeding anyways. Pay it, take the class, and be done.

Not all counties offer that, which becomes problematic especially out in the boonies where you get BS tickets like these.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
im not taking the stupid class. Im 23 years old. I had to take that class every time when i was under 21 because it was manditory for under 21. Its the most pointless thing and I do not have time for that bs.

it is far from pointless if it is offered to you.

It keeps the ticket off your record, and for $100-125, it is the easier option.

If they offered it, I would take it. If not, Lawyer up or be prepared to eat it :hs:

The ONLY circumstance where I would fight a ticket like this is if Supervision isn't offered and beyond a shadow of a doubt I was not speeding, and/or already being on supervision.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009

If they offered it, I would take it. If not, Lawyer up or be prepared to eat it :hs:

Minor violations are now 120 dollars. plus a 40 dollar class fee. I think i may call today or tommorow and ask if I can just get supervison without a class because its really not gunna stop me from speeding

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
No im just really pissed off. If you gunna write me the ticket fine I could care less. I have money and it will not stop me from speeding, but dont write it for a higher speed than I was doing. I understand ur a fat cop from a bogus town but get real. Im not some punk kid smoking weed rolling through town like most of those kids.

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
im not taking the stupid class. Im 23 years old. I had to take that class every time when i was under 21 because it was manditory for under 21. Its the most pointless thing and I do not have time for that bs.

Was speeding an issue when you were under 21? An officer can see your driving history, if you have any tickets for what they pulled you over for, you're likely to get ticketed. (Life's a bitch, but if you have multiples it shows you haven't "learned your lesson.")

Changing the info on this "car chip" is shady as fuck. And if you were smart you wouldn't do it AND post on a public forum. Sure the chances of someone seeing it and sending it is rare, but it's still a dumb fucking idea.

Do you have any way to prove you were not doing 54? Any cars around you that could have been hit by the radar? 2 lane or 4 lane road?

I say take the ticket and don't bitch. You admitted you were going at least 45, and likely 48 after "knowing not to speed" in that area. Sometimes life sucks and you get caught.

(Inb4turkcomesinandbitchesaboutpolice)

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

The ONLY circumstance where I would fight a ticket like this is if Supervision isn't offered and beyond a shadow of a doubt I was not speeding, and/or already being on supervision.

fucking werd

swallow your pride big bad 23 year old take the fucking class. i could teach it with how many times i have taken it and am glad to keep anything off my record by taking it again.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
well all my other tickets got court supervision so it gets dropped from your record. So I think if they pulled my info up all they could see would be a 49 in a 30 from 3 years ago. That was the last time I got pulled over for anything besides a front licence plate

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
fucking werd

swallow your pride big bad 23 year old take the fucking class. i could teach it with how many times i have taken it and am glad to keep anything off my record by taking it again.

I dont have time to. I go to school in southern illinois so unless they let me do it online and click through everything and not pay attention not gunna happen.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I dont have time to. I go to school in southern illinois so unless they let me do it online and click through everything and not pay attention not gunna happen.

Then you can ask for an Extension, or a different date. The judicial system is not out to get you, just call or email them that you are in school and want to take the class.

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
well all my other tickets got court supervision so it gets dropped from your record. So I think if they pulled my info up all they could see would be a 49 in a 30 from 3 years ago. That was the last time I got pulled over for anything besides a front licence plate

FYI they can see everything you've been ticketed for. Actively on your record or not. It's still published on there.

Just how many times have you been pulled over and for what? You seem to avoid that your habitual.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Well ill try and see if I can get supervision without the class first. That would be ideal.

As already mentioned, since you have a 'history' that is probably why you have to take the class. Much of that system is automated/electronic, so it probably pinged your history, saw the last ticket, and automatically assigned/offered you a class/supervision.

And considering your last ticket was 3 years ago, I REALLY don't understand why you are being such a pussy for getting tagged fair and square for speeding and saying:

"honestly im tired of being targeted for having a sports car"

Furthermore, so long as he didn't ticket you for doing 55+, IIRC the ticket has NO difference in cost, or on your record from being tagged doing 45 or 48 (0-15 over is the first 'tier' for speeding tickets, again, IIRC).

:gives:

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
FYI they can see everything you've been ticketed for. Actively on your record or not. It's still published on there.

Just how many times have you been pulled over and for what? You seem to avoid that your habitual.

Whats the point then of court supervison and having things dropped off your record then if everyone can still see everytime ive been ticketed>??? Guessing employers and such can still see all of that to even though almost all have been dropped?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Whats the point then of court supervison and having things dropped off your record then if everyone can still see everytime ive been ticketed>??? Guessing employers and such can still see all of that to even though almost all have been dropped?

No, they cannot.

There is your 'public' record, and then there is your 'full' driving history/record.

You can request your full history at the DMV for like $10-15. Many driving jobs request this (Limo, Delivery, etc), as you have to provide it TO them since they cannot pull it up.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
No, they cannot.

There is your 'public' record, and then there is your 'full' driving history/record.

You can request your full history at the DMV for like $10-15. Many driving jobs request this (Limo, Delivery, etc), as you have to provide it TO them since they cannot pull it up.

Oh I ment just like a normal background check that all employers do and such. Im not doing a driving job I ment for the job im hired for this summer with firestone. It sounded like even though I had court supervison they would still be able to see all of it.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora

fucking werd

Seriously, who are you again? That's the system, you committed a crime, they offer a program to keep it off your record. How do you figure you're special and the judge is going to answer the phone and be all "Oh Mr. GTO, why didn't you say so sooner? Of course you don't need to take the class... as a matter of fact fuck supervision, have a great day" :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.