Well what should i buy.....

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
well honda got totaled today due to ppl who dont know how to pull of a parallel spot. sooo im looking to buy one of the following two.

Chevy Sonic LTZ

or

Chevy Cruze ECO

and some pics but :gives:

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

and her car

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
IIRC, you have pretty shitty luck with Hondas :rofl:

Sonic has a much shorter wheelbase than the Cruze and drives like it too. Nimbler and a bit more choppy over bumps, also more fun to drive. The Cruze is super comfortable and not too shabby in the fun department either. For long hauls the Cruze is awesome. To drive around town, the Sonic is more spirited. Neither are that cheap in their segments but have the most solid and refined ride out of all the other small cars except the Fiesta and Focus, which are on par with the Chebys. Other cheap cars thud and thwack over bumps while the Chevy and Ford absorb them like a more expensive car. Sonic is also pulling less weight and feels punchier than the heavier Cruze.

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
Bru u r the fucking the man and correct with my luck with the hondas (totaled 2 in 2 years, neither of them are my fault dammit), i was already leaning more toward the sonic because thats what ive been used to plus i have a hard on for hatches for some reason. ive driven the cruze and while i do like it i just like the look of the sonic more. im assuming uve driven them both?

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
I've driver both and have considered both myself. I like the Cruzes feel better. You feel connected to the wheels more IMO. When I did drive the Sonic it was just a quick dealer drive tho. Not the longer balls out drive I did this weekend in a Cruze ECO. I want a Cruze RS myself. I will be getting one as soon as I pay some debt off

ef_vtak

Power of Dreams
Mar 25, 2009
sell those Si wheels? :s00ls: any other good parts? lol

I haven't driven the Sonic, but I have driven the Cruze. I'd pick the Cruze if rear leg room and trunk space are a concern. If not then I'd go for the Sonic if you were stuck on Chevy. FWIW I would check out other mfgs in the segment, I've been really diggin the Fiesta lately, and at the risk of sounding like a nut swinger, the Fit is a great car, and one of Honda's best currently.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich

I haven't driven the Sonic, but I have driven the Cruze. I'd pick the Cruze if rear leg room and trunk space are a concern. If not then I'd go for the Sonic if you were stuck on Chevy. FWIW I would check out other mfgs in the segment, I've been really diggin the Fiesta lately, and at the risk of sounding like a nut swinger, the Fit is a great car, and one of Honda's best currently.

Everything new honda is boring IMO. We had a Fiesta at work and I thing the Cruze is leaps and bounds better. I still have yet to check out the new focus but I hear they drive great

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan

wheels are gonna be sold to a buddy whos gonna help me strip it down, it has a full b18c1 swap, act streetlite flywheel, centerforce dual friction clutch, arp pressure plate and flywheel bolts, and timken bearings, less than 10k on the clutch setup. also new starter 5k ago, new alternator 3k ago, new timing belt, pump and tensioner. tokico blues with no name coils. timken front wheel bearings about 12k ago, lots of shit in this car, let me know if theres anything ur interested in.

i have a discount with ford, chevy, chrysler, hyundai and a few others, i was wanting to wait for the veloster turbo but this put a damper in that plan, and i only have the rental for 3 more days. so basically its either sonic or the cruze for me, i looked at ford and wasnt very impressed.

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
What seats are in it? (the parting out Honda)

they came out of a 94 prelude, theyre black and and about a 6.5/10

fiat 500 abarth

not a fan of them personally

I didn't like the lag/throttle response or the shifting in the auto Cruze. I test drove a couple and ended up liking the Kia Optima better. I have never driven the Forte, but might want to check it out, or the Velostar or whatever that little ufo lookin car is.

i hated the throttle response of the auto but loved the car overall, the reason im leaning away from kia is i dont have a discount with them

Standard Veloster? If you wanted the turbo but are settling for other non turbo cars?

i love the veloster but the power just isnt there in the standard one, the sonic i posted is fully loaded and the only thing it doesnt have is that the veloster does is the 7 in screen in the dash. sonic and the veloster have similar warranties (mileage wise anyway) and the sonic is about 2k cheaper on average.

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
The sonic is cheaper(than a fully loaded model, they start at 17k) but more of a comparo to the accent but the acceleration has got to be pretty similar seeing as they both have about the same engine sizes and horsepower:dunno:

Not trying to talk you into one cuz I have one but I always hear that complaint and I don't notice it to be bad at all. The car isnt going to win any drag races but it isn't designed to. It feels like an econo 4 cylinder. Get into the revs though and it's peppy enough to get moving and pass or merge without problems.

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
The sonic is cheaper(than a fully loaded model, they start at 17k) but more of a comparo to the accent but the acceleration has got to be pretty similar seeing as they both have about the same engine sizes and horsepower:dunno:

Not trying to talk you into one cuz I have one but I always hear that complaint and I don't notice it to be bad at all. The car isnt going to win any drag races but it isn't designed to. It feels like an econo 4 cylinder. Get into the revs though and it's peppy enough to get moving and pass or merge without problems.

they start at 17k, but all the manual ones ive found are optioned out so they sit around the 20k mark, i need to test drive the sonic to compare it with the veloster, veloster may just come out on top. and rich that cruze is hot

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
they start at 17k, but all the manual ones ive found are optioned out so they sit around the 20k mark, i need to test drive the sonic to compare it with the veloster, veloster may just come out on top. and rich that cruze is hot

SAY NO TO THE SPACE MOBILE!!!

Sorry I dislike the veloster and anything hyundai. Even the Genesis

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.