Impressive MPG - Ford content inside - New 2012

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
I picked up a 2012 Ford Focus Hatchback with the 2.0 directed inject I-4. They had some great deals around the time of the auto show.

Well first off this is not a manufacture bashing thread. I think they all our stepping up the game when it comes to efficiency.Just my own personal Experience. I did look at all sorts of hatchbacks from the Veloster to the Forte. But to be honest the 138HP and 122HP in those two cars was just pitiful. I am not saying focus is a fast car. But it has enough pep (160HP) to keep me happy. And yes I know the Veloster is coming out with turbo model.(So is Focus ST :) ).
What I am happy about is the mileage I have seen in the focus. For day to day driving highway and city combined i am seeing 30MPG with lots of city. Where I am impressed is on highway. I easily average over 40MPG on long distant trips. Yes this is all straight flat driving I get that. But how many other cars can show me above 40mpg? (Not referring to hybrid or electric cars)Below is a snippet as lots of people don't believe. Yes this is a limited example . But no matter if its 3 miles 10 miles or more I have similar results.

focus.jpg

As you can see. I took 3 photos. At three different consective miles on the odometer. So no one can say I took a picture right after a reset and the number was still at some random high number. Like I said I can replicate these numbers on 50 mile trips. (may be not 49mpg but way over 40mpg).

mgp1.jpg

mpg2.jpg

mpg3.jpg

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I myself drove a 2012 Cruze Eco manual on saturday. With under 4k on the clock hes seeing 37 according to the DIC. I want one. Not an Eco but a RS. And I agree the big 3 are all stepping up their games these days.

When I thought my car was going to be totaled I really started looking a Cruze ECO's with the manual. Seems like it would be a pretty neat little car, and the mileage would be fantastic without feeling like you are driving a cracker jack box.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
When I thought my car was going to be totaled I really started looking a Cruze ECO's with the manual. Seems like it would be a pretty neat little car, and the mileage would be fantastic without feeling like you are driving a cracker jack box.

Theyre super nice IMO. I just with they had something like Fords sync. They have bluetooth and all but the sync seems leaps and bounds better than anything not german

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.