School me on C6 Z06's

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
So im graduating this summer and with my new job I was looking into purchasing myself a nice sports car that ive always wanted. Ive looked into the Nissan GTR and an 07-09 Z06. Obviously the corvettes are cheaper, and im assuming insurance will be more on the GTR so thats kinda straying me from it at this point. But I have found some good looking Z06's with about 20k on them going for really low 40's. What do ya think of this or of the Z06? Never really knew anyone who owned one so i couldnt just ask them about potential problems or stuff to look for. I just really wana treat myself for graduating college now that ill be able to afford it

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
You have a job lined up already? What type of job? There are pretty much 0 problems with the C6z06, except for the roof flying off, but I think those problems have all been fixed with recalls. GTR or Z06, you're getting a ridiculously fast car with either, I'd personally prefer the GTR.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
Management in Firestone. here at SIU a whole bunch of companies come to us for jobs and interview us, were really really lucky in that aspect. I chose them because they have a really fast advancement track, the employees were really nice outside work as well as on the job, and They had really good benifits for singles and families at reasonable prices. And I thought the Z06 didnt have a removable roof because the chassis was aluminum???

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Management in Firestone. here at SIU a whole bunch of companies come to us for jobs and interview us, were really really lucky in that aspect. I chose them because they have a really fast advancement track, the employees were really nice outside work as well as on the job, and They had really good benifits for singles and families at reasonable prices. And I thought the Z06 didnt have a removable roof because the chassis was aluminum???

That's awesome man, congrats and good luck with everything. The roof was only removable at high speeds! :hsughlol:

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I love the GTR also but its also used almost 10-14 k more and insurance and costs will be more like you said. And the Z06 gets over 24mpg highway wow.....

The real cost of a car is not the initial cost, it's the initial cost minus what you are going to sell it for, or in other words, how much it will depreciate, so don't be afraid to spend a little more for a car that you really want. And let's face it, highway mpg really shouldn't sway your choice.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
The real cost of a car is not the initial cost, it's the initial cost minus what you are going to sell it for, or in other words, how much it will depreciate, so don't be afraid to spend a little more for a car that you really want. And let's face it, highway mpg really shouldn't sway your choice.

Exactly. The GT-R will also hold it's value much better than the Vette.

MPG should not be a consideration with vehicles like this.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

i love this way of thinking, no sarcasm, i had never thought like this before, and it does make sense.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

If you finance 100% that works but (can you even do that?).....

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/opportunitycost.asp

Tough choice of cars here.....Did you look at used Vipers? Z06's are kind of common place and the GTR offers no manual option.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Either way not sure why it matters. He's graduating high in his class with a good degree and lots of experience in the field and a great job lined up.
Haters gonna hate I guess.

Im just wondering how some people do it. :picard:

I mean not like you see those kinda cars parked outside places like that.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
C6 Z06? GTR? Mangement at Firestone, right out of college? :ugh:

Isnt this the same guy who worked at subway and had a supercharged GTO? :bowrofl:

never worked at a subway lol.... but these cars arnt like 75 k im not buying a brand new one. used there low 40's and maybe by end of summer I may find one for a little less?? idk. But I just feel that If i can afford it why not get it for myself to celebrate this? I was planning to live at home for a few months and stuff till the new year so that will def help with money to

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info