Nitto NT555 opinions

C.Evans

TCG Elite Member
May 21, 2011
Sycamore, IL
Anyone running these tires? How do you like them? Tread life, wet weather grip, noise, etc.

4b049b21-23db-aa28.jpg

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Look at the NT-05's. 555's are about 10 years old. They won't last as long, but they are definitely a grippier tire.

x3. I chose the MT ET's over the nt05r's but they are a great compound. The Nt05r's I think are a little stickier than the NT05's, but they are both an excellent choices. I had the regular nt555's and they were alright, but not nearly as good as my MT's

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
Yea I probably should get a set of tires this year.

It be nice to have good traction for handling on the street, and use the same tire to goto the track and hook out of the hole.

Cause I would like to roll through sharp corners without spinning out and I have a feeling if I got say 05rs that would happen... And unsure on the 555rs grippyness

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I had the 05R's on the GTO and they are pretty decent in the rain as long as you drive normal. They hooked like DRs with 20 PSI in them. I loved them on the strip. Once those were done with, I got the 555's. They were as good in the rain as the 05R's but didn't hook worth shit half the time. Loud, too.

Get the NT-05s. They just have a smaller contact patch, more siping, and a harder compound compared to the R compound.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info