Boost Controller Recommendations and help

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Not sure if I made a thread on here about this, but I am going to be adding a boost controller to my turbo car and would like to hear anyone's experience and/or recommendations on these. Right now I have a manual one that creeps like hell, It might be set at "16 psi" but who knows what it gets to up top.

I'd really rather have a guage-type setup and thinking of going with the Turbosmart E-boost 2, especially if I can find one cheaper than new! Another option is the AEM tru-boost, as it still has a scramble mode that can act as a dual stage.

I guess if I only have a dual stage that would be ok for me as I'm just looking for a low-boost setting in 1st, then full in 2nd and 3rd for all tentative purposes.

The one thing I'd rather eliminate is having both a boost guage and then a seperate manual dual stage, just want something all in one that can do everything.

I see there aren't a zillion options, but still looking for opinions on this.

TIA, HK

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I use the tru-boost personally. It works, but you don't set it as "16psi" you set it by duty cycle. Therefore, you have to play around with it a bit to get it to settle at the target PSI.

It is easily programmed though. I can say that I'm most certainly reprogrammed one preset between lights with ease. :hsugh:

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I really like the Tru Boost when I fiddled with one and helped set it up. For just a boost controller/gauge it did a great job.

I personally use the Blitz I-color which is getting a bit old. I do have it setup as my only boost gauge though as you can set the screen to show you what it is at. Mine reads in bar though as it was a takeout from a front clip from japan.

Features I like over the tru boost
Boost by speed - I have mine at 9psi below 30mph and 16 psi above
Automatic mode - Can set this to a certain boost level and it will auto tune
4 boost presets - I keep one that basically turns it off for rain/cold weather so I am just on wastegate pressure
Multifunction - Also can hook this up to monitor oil and coolant temps. Keeps me from having a bunch of gauges in my already cramped interior.

Hubbard 0

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Had a Tru-Boost on my Talon. Handled all sort of pressures with ease, warning functions are great and it even has an external driver for a bigger warning light. It's been awhile, but I think you can get 3 different boost settings out of it, A, B, and Scramble, and off for that matter.

My sat in a cluster pod, so two gauges total in my setup and sitting next to my AEM wideband it was a great look.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info