Pick N' Pull in Wadsworth

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Stay away from this place.. period. They're crooks.

Had a few different small parts in my tool box from a visit to another yard this morning, and the kid working at the check-in counter saw this when I came in and he checked my box. On my way out, I paid for what I took off and when they asked to see my tool box (after the fact, mind you) I obliged and opened it and pulled the upper tray out again. "Did you pay for these" .. "they aren't from this yard, they're from so and so parts yard" .. "well you're going to have to pay for these because we don't know if they came from their yard or not."

They wanted to charge me $30 for a shift knob and a lock/unlock switch and a window switch that I'd already paid for at another junkyard not affiliated with PnP. I didn't feel like dealing with the drama or possible law enforcement involvement over something so petty so I closed my toolbox and left without what I pulled , the kid behind the counter told me he'd call the cops if I didn't give them "their parts" .. so I left what I bought at another yard behind because I didn't want trouble. :squint:

Cool story bro. Never going to this yard again. The sad part is that I've been going there since 2006 multiple times a month spending quite a bit of money, and bringing friends who have also spent a lot of money. I will now be going to Woodstock and Waukegan for my parts from now on.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
I left a lot of stuff out for the sake of keeping the OP short. There was a lot of unprofessional behavior on the two front employees' parts, and the General Manager's.. the biggest thing I had a problem with was when I called and spoke with the top manager of the store about five minutes later after leaving this store to talk this over with him.

What he had to say after I explained this was "I don't give a fuck what you say, you probably stole those because he said he didn't see them in your box when he came in and I'll believe him over you because he works for me, so you can fuck off and have a nice day."

I proceeded to ask him if he felt bad that he was stealing from me to which I got a "I'm not stealing shit you dumb fuck" so I said "OK, Have a nice day."

Called corporate headquarters in California, spoke with a few people and they asked me if I'd like to go pick up MY parts "free of charge." I told them they can keep them, because if they think I stole it, they can have it - they will lose me as a customer. I will steer everyone away from that yard and that's that. I will be leaving a few bad reviews as well on different sites that they're featured on and I will be doing my part.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Whas it the same person that looked in your box when you came in that said you'd have to pay??

I wouldnt have wasted 30 bucks like that.
Yep. The stuff was laying under some socket racks and he even reached in and moved them aside and said "you're good to go" .. and when the other guy called the aforementioned guy over, he says "I never saw them in there" .. took me quite a bit not to do work on this guy.

That place sucks.... rt14 used auto parts in Woodstock FTW
That's the third place I am going from now on. Have had nothing but good experiences there minus the small issue last time of someone grabbing me the wrong tail light. Was just a miscommunication. Great prices, too.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Junkyard employees are generally assholes anyway. I mean, not like it's a flower shop and you walk in and it's all smiles. The Aurora yards aren't nearly as bad, one the staff is pretty cool...the other the staff sounds like these guys.

Sucks though for sure.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
A
That's the third place I am going from now on. Have had nothing but good experiences there minus the small issue last time of someone grabbing me the wrong tail light. Was just a miscommunication. Great prices, too.

Yeah, their prices rock. I got the rear end for my suburban there. Pulled the one I wanted and even loaded it on the truck for me

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Like mentioned I would have left the parts in my car in case anyone questioned it.

Last year when I was sick I had a machine attached to me with an obvious tube going into me. I went to one of the ones in Aurora and as I was leaving one of the guys started yelling at me to stop. Then he asked what it was and I told him. Then he starts prying and asking what its for and that I stole it from the yard. I told him, in front of everyone but I wanted to yell at him for being a dumbass motherfucker that couldn't but two and two together.
I guess they just really aren't into customer service.

For starters, as others have mentioned, you're at a JUNK YARD! Only the most ghetto/white trash low lives tend to work at such a place, so they aren't exactly about PR or customer service to begin with. Couple that with the fact that they're used to people trying to steal from them all day long, and you don't exactly have the environment for the friendliest employees.

Second, again as others have said, all parts pulled from another yard should always be left in your car. IF you are in a hurry, or accidentally forget there's something in your tool bag/box, HAVE THEM MARK IT WHEN YOU GO IN!! This way, there's no debate about the part coming from their yard, and/or not being paid for. If it's marked by the junkyard, whether it's from their yard, or another one, it had to have been paid for. That's the only reason the junkyard would mark a part that you have in your possession.

That being said, certain yards are bigger assholes than others, but I never go into a yard for the "pleasant experience". The only time I avoid a yard is if they are too expensive, or very inconsistent with their pricing (making it up as they go along, which can vary greatly on the same part from day to day). City Auto Wreckers is borderline on this, but if I catch the right guys behind the counter, I get some great deals there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info