Have you ever heard of a stock car lifting the tires?

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
You have now. Bone stock ZR1 on a DR, 10.42 @ 134. Damn impressive. Corvette is best, Corvette is fastest. :bowrofl:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/per...424-134-24mph-1-582-60ft-stock-zr1-w-drs.html
wheeel.png

fartwheele.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ai3jnobOMc

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
It's kind of a you're damned if you do; damned if you don't scenario. They design the car to be a track car so it's probably sitting on beefy rear springs. The intention is probably for it to launch hard without lifting the front tires because, you know... as cool as that looks, it's really pointless and you have almost no control of the car.

You can look at this from both sides of the coin. On the Corvette forums I bet they're all like "Despite GM's awesome engineering this car still has so much power that it got it's front tires up" and then every where else people are like "yeah, it got them up but it's a billion dollar car. I'll only be impressed if the tires are 5 feet in the air and the car shits gold".

I don't see it as good or bad. Tell me what the 1/4 mile time was and then I think you'll know.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Great times, but not stock. It has D/Rs. Of course it's stock otherwise but the definition of "stock" seems to be skewed so often.

What's really impressive is that it lifted both front 19-inch wheels and not just one. Cool chassis, bro.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Another reason why Ford should put an IRS in the next gen Mustang. I wish Ford had went thru with an IRS rear in the S197. The hard core drag racers think that IRS rears are weak due to the Cobra’s setup. That chassis was never designed for an IRS rear and SVT had to work around that. A properly setup IRS rear can pull good 60’ times and last.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info