HID install

Just thought I would make a post showing my new tinted headlights and HID setup.

Got new tinted headlights from American Muscle and 6000k HID's from DDMTuning.

The tinted headlight and HID are on the left... The stock setup on the right...
I think I might have to do something about those fog lights now.

PPRVz.jpg

fSmG5.jpg

Really looking forward to getting the other one in and seeing these at night.
:gives:

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
DDMtuning is the way to go? Had anyone had issues with the lights or ballasts?

Looks good though. What about tinted tail lights?

As I posted in another thread, I've had 3 kits now over 3 cars. Biggest problem now is they only ship from China so it takes forever. (Used to ship from California) And my last kit one of the bulbs killed itself after about 4 mins, so I was left without them for another 2 weeks to get replacement bulbs. But they did warranty it no problem, so they've got that. Also sometimes their customer service is a big hit or miss. Overall though I've really liked mine. I always go 35w 5000K.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
As I posted in another thread, I've had 3 kits now over 3 cars. Biggest problem now is they only ship from China so it takes forever. (Used to ship from California) And my last kit one of the bulbs killed itself after about 4 mins, so I was left without them for another 2 weeks to get replacement bulbs. But they did warranty it no problem, so they've got that. Also sometimes their customer service is a big hit or miss. Overall though I've really liked mine. I always go 35w 5000K.

By chance did you have problems with things snapping on you?

When I did my install a few months ago, quite a few of the clips had snapped during installation on the harness itself where it mated up with the bulbs and ballasts. I made sure I did the installation in a warm(er) garage with the engine compartment warm and kept the stuff inside until I went outside so things wouldn't be brittle, but things went that way anyways.

The other issue I had was shit quality fuses from this company. They were improperly made and were loose. When hitting bigger bumps in the road, the lights flickered (foglamps AND headlamps.)

I don't know if that issue was tied to this or not, but the HIDs just stopped working one day.. curious why, I went through and found both fuses were melted and warped.

390751_10150474718911674_544541673_9105832_835841410_n.jpg

Used some NAPA fuses and I haven't had a problem since. :dunno:

Overall, I'm happy with the DDM kit.

393173_10150422056501674_544541673_8886945_753330209_n.jpg

I used 35W 5000K in the fog lamps, and 55W 6000K in the headlamps. Noticed that the higher wattage washes the color out of the light so I tried the 6's in the headlight. Don't know why the camera made it look blue, the lights are straight up *white* .. was kind of a necessary upgrade, as well.. do a lot of driving at night.

Also.. do yourself a favor and go to your parts store and buy 2 spare 40w relays / spare fuses and keep them in the glove box. When you hook everything up, electrical tape the living fuck out of where the relay meets the harness. Went through a car wash and both relays got fucked up, bought two new ones that night, taped 'em up like Fort Knox and have had no issue since.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info