Exhaust setup on my TA by Qkslvrz06

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
So I figure I'd share these with you guys since my brother in law (Qkslvrz06) doesn't post up often. He's a forum newb so maybe he will see this. :eek3: If anyone was following my build thread you probably saw that I credit Mike alot with my build since he's a bit more Fab minded than me.

"Mad Mikey Custom Performance" and now "Custom Exhaust Emporium" :hsughlol:

My exhaust previously was just dumped under the drivers pedels and we wanted to get the thing moving and tuned before winter hit. It really is loud though and I know Eagle could tolerate it, but it's a little weird picking up my kid from school.

This with a turn down is what I had
1c5ff2bf.jpg

We marked and pulled the hotside out and cut/flanged the DP and welded on a new o2 bung
0925367a.jpg

I also decided to wrap my hotside it at this time and swap plugs since everything is accessible.
9c119f88.jpg

9938d02e.jpg

Now I know that having a catback on this car is a backpressure issue and my plan was always to put a DMH electric cutout as close to the turbo as possible. Mike welded up some flanges and now it's about where the dump was so this way I can open it up for those spirited occasions and be quiet for most driving.

Mocked up with the cutout.
59cd67e9.jpg

Installed with cutout dump and fully welded. The area where it meets the catback is slip tubing so we will use a band clamp that came with the magnaflow catback.
48432565.jpg

Some closeups of his welds.
db63468e.jpg

Thanks for looking, say something nice so Mike feels welcome:hs:

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Thanks all for the nice words. He does good work and unfortunatly no one ever gets to see it.

UGH! Your car is HELLA clean man! I want to see it in person to appreciate the cleanliness. Great job!

Thanks man, It's not all that clean, but I'll take the compliment and yeah I'm planning on bringing this sucker out everywhere this year.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
very nice welds...i need to finish my exhaust too, fumes are gonna killlll me x(
Tell me about it. I've been meaning to pm you. you are out of plainfield right? Need to meet up with you sometime and talk about the rear head steam vent solution you had on tech.
It would be easer for me to build you another turbo f-body then figure out this com-pue-ter thingey :beer:

Be careful what you wish for, I am shopping for a vegas car. I see you figured out the avatar thingy and found the beer chug smiley. Let me know if you want a pic as your signature. I'll put it in my photobucket and send you the link.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
his car is fuckin loud and super clean i can only imagine what is sounds like now
and very nice exhaust work you wanna install a cut out on my trailblazer ss??

Thanks man and don't think I forgot you. Just trying to budget things but I need that door skin and some paint work done. Hows the shop by i55 autosalvage going?

6literEat'r

TCG Elite Member
Oct 21, 2008
Tell me about it. I've been meaning to pm you. you are out of plainfield right? Need to meet up with you sometime and talk about the rear head steam vent solution you had on tech.

yea, im in plainfield..59>theodore, and down that way...

well hook u forsure and discuss..
btw, been meaning to ask...do you go to babes hotdogs at all for summer car shows?

very nice welds...i need to finish my exhaust too, fumes are gonna killlll me x(

his car is fuckin loud and super clean i can only imagine what is sounds like now
and very nice exhaust work you wanna install a cut out on my trailblazer ss??

LABOR RATES- $50...per hour/ $75 if you watch /$100 if you help /$200 if you worked on it yourself!!!!!!:hsughlol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info