Not sure about the new Ecoboost in the F150? Then check this out.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I am impressed by these, but having driven one, I'd have to say my truck is peppier all around... could be with my 6-speed trans though. Either way these things are cool as shit and a step in the right direction. Now we need small displacement Turbo diesel's in 1500 trucks....

Power wise I noticed that the Ecoboost felt like it had more grunt but that could be a function of its ability to rev faster. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice engine, but I wouldn't justify the premium, which was like 1500 when I got the pickup. It is a total hog when you're towing, and not surprisingly got 2-3 mpg less than the 5.0 truck got. And yes they both had 3.73s

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I get about 11-12 towing my 8200# boat with it's shitty trailer. I average about 17 with no payload except about 150#'s of tools/ cargo in my box in my GMC but I do a ton of driving on 45 mph roads in light traffic so my cylinder deactivation gets used alot. Curious xring... what do you average in the ECB with no load?

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Right now it says 15.4 on the dash, but that's with me remote starting it every time I have the chance. This summer it got around 17-18mpg with a minimal load. I always had about three hundred pounds of chemical, water, and spray equipment.

1mpg? Damn, different driving in consideration obviously... but I would've thought better. I always remote start and let it idle alot too, I'm getting 16.2 now with winter blend and idle time

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Oh for sure. The Silverado is way outdated. A new one is coming along in 2013 as a 2014, the last rumor I heard. I don't follow truck news too closely so that may have changed.

I pulled a 14.7 in an Ecoboost F-150 when we were testing trucks at Milan last summer. Definitely quick.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Oh for sure. The Silverado is way outdated. A new one is coming along in 2013 as a 2014, the last rumor I heard. I don't follow truck news too closely so that may have changed.

I pulled a 14.7 in an Ecoboost F-150 when we were testing trucks at Milan last summer. Definitely quick.

DAMN.... must calibrate butt dyno, GMC's nowhere near that.

Any info on new silverado that's accessible? May be the time to get that D-max

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
DAMN.... must calibrate butt dyno, GMC's nowhere near that.

Any info on new silverado that's accessible? May be the time to get that D-max

This is our partner site that only deals with Pickups, and who I help run tests with when they need a hand. Any current truck news/rumors/spy shots will be here for sure.

http://www.pickuptrucks.com/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info