Sound Deadening/Vibration Dampening....

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
Alright, I'm sure there are some other people on here that have used sound deadening or material to stop vibrations from either subwoofers or from exhaust etc.

I have normally used Dynamat Xtreme with very good luck, but its very expensive, and some times takes a lot to get the job done.

After googling I see fatmat, hushmath, bquiet etc.

What all, has every one else used in the past with some good luck? I've seen some people say you can go to home depot/menards to buy some sort of roofing material that looks like Dynamat but im skeptical, looking for first hand results here.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
my gtp is done like this. whole roll was around 60lbs. idontgiveashit.

008-2.jpg

here is a quote from cgp from 2008 when i installed it all

differences i noticed between this fatmat rattle trap and dynamat was that this stuff (fatmat) is not as easy to move... doesnt bend and make contours like dynamat, it does it, just with more persuasion. Also, it does smell, it is for surely asphalt based, and leaves a good stink upon application, and when the car heats up, but now it is barely there, if at all.

as for performance, when i dynamatted my lumina, i only did the trunk, and this time, i did the floor and a lil more of the trunk. so i cant really compare it, because it is sort of apples to oranges.

the stuff does work well though, and i got it for around 180 bucks for 100sq feet on ebay.

my car is muuucch more quiet, and my stereo, while strong but mighty, is much more clear and snappy.

i am definitely happy with the results.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Makes sense seeing as he now sells his own.

I need to get on this and put some in the back of my car. Wagons sound like a tin can inside

Oh I agree it isn't a review site anymore as he sells his product. I just always thought there had to be a better way then putting mat down everywhere in the car. Just put down the CLD pieces to stop vibration then put in the mass loaded vinyl for the road noise. Will probably use this in my Z as I don't want to put in a ton of weight into it especially the hatch if it vibrates with the new sub. The road noise/rock hitting the wheel well gets to be a bit much at times.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info