FAIL car fix edition

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
what_happens_when_you_repair_you_car_yourself_640_15.jpg

Done that one with some high temp exhaust glue that I picked up at a autozone. Held for about 3 weeks while I waited for my exhaust to show up from this guy who was being flaky.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
The guy with the screw driver in the column probably got his shit stolen ala cops so he had to start it that way. I actually did this once when my heap ate the lock cylinder. Let me tell you if it sticks some and it's a GM replace the fucker straight away don't wait otherwise you're going to have to drill/grind the old one out which sucks ass. They put a 1/8 thick disk of the hardest fucking steel possible in the casting where the key goes. There is a reason most people just break the column.

I am surprised some of these repairs have not killed occupants or random bystanders.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
what_happens_when_you_repair_you_car_yourself_640_15.jpg

Done that one with some high temp exhaust glue that I picked up at a autozone. Held for about 3 weeks while I waited for my exhaust to show up from this guy who was being flaky.

Friend and I patched his rotting muffler with JB weld and cut up pop cans. He was in a bind and didn't want to spend the $$$ on a new muffler that month. But after a month it was still going strong so we decided to see how long it would last.

Already had the JB weld and the pop cans. We sanded down the metal till we got good metal, cleaned it up. cut the ends of the cans till we had thin flat aluminum sheets. Then slathered the JB weld on and continued layering.

Worked amazingly well.

1 year. Not kidding. Though I don't think we would have done it if it was visible. Or we may have, but would have used some flat spray paint to hide it. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info