Two words that should never appear in the same sentence together: Chinese and ethics

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
In today's what the fuck file, we find the Chinese company JAG, who when looking to add a truck to their already impressive lineup of counterfeits, decided that the Ford F150 was the design they would like to e̶m̶u̶l̶a̶t̶e̶ copy.

Yes, if you look closely you'll see that the blue oval doesn't make mention of our beloved American brand but rather China's ironically named JAG.

http://jalopnik.com/5880837/chinese-automaker-builds-picture-perfect-copy-of-ford-f+150-pickup

b73f0b99dfa8f6c94e236be109b376cc.jpg

Yes, this isn't just mere flattery. This is a flat out copy and they copied just about everything but the only thing worth copying: the power train. This bad boy is going to be powered by a 108hp diesel.

How does this happen? What. The. Fuck? I mean I remember years ago there was this bad ass site called allofmp3.com. It charged you pennies per song and would encode each one the fly in any format you wanted at any bitrate you wanted. It was awesome. Then Russia wants to join the World Trade Organization and the US strong arms them into shutting down this site at the behest of US labels. Ultimately they were sued, taken to court and acquitted of all charges.

That's a music site. It's songs, intangible items. This is a blatant, piece by piece rip off of an American vehicle that is no doubt built like a tin can and possesses limitless ability to tarnish Ford's reputation and it's looked upon like it's no big deal. "Oh those wacky Chinese!"

You can look at third world countries like Zimbabwe, Nigeria and the likes and say, yeah those are pretty corrupt places but at least they make no effort to hide what they are. They call a spade a spade. China, on the other hand, has to be one of the most corrupt, morally bankrupt countries in the world and because they can make our iPhones for the least money, they go untouched. Sure they poison your children's toys with lead paint, put arsenic in your dog's food, manufacture radioactive toilet paper covers, etc but hey, no big deal. They're China.

Seriously, what the fuck? No wonder we can't compete with this country. They make our fat, greedy asses look like saints.

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
i bought a chinese version of an iphone

lasted 2.5 years. it was cool, i could quantify how many copies of a certain text message i could send to a single person.
so if i wanted to send "you're a ***" to someone...i can have it send up to 100times. Great way to annoy people.

back on subject...

thats pretty funny.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Our 300zx community has been fighting this at least for parts for a while now. Company up in Canada called AMS (not the same as the AMS in USA) basically just sends a product that just came out for our car to china to be made. Then says they are doing us a favor for getting it done mass production style for half the price. I know this is more common with car parts especially wheels. Just sucks to see a company killing peoples will to innovate new parts for a rather old and small market.

We have been working on getting them removed as sponsors from some of our bigger Z based events as they have the gall to come down and throw around a lot of money made from the real engineers work at these events.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/z-enthusiasts-against-ams-canada/

MSP manifolds vs the China knockoffs
msp.jpg

Expansion Downpipes and 3 inch test pipes by SpecialtyZ
3dps.jpg

3testpipesss.jpg

img_2409.jpg

SpecialtyZ coned outlet pipes
sz_outlet_pipes.jpg

IMG_4262.jpg

Ashspec intercooler piping
icpipingmassives.jpg

IMG_2902.jpg

BDE motor mounts
22142_218504794911_510139911_3269785_6424468_n.jpg

AMS copy with poor welds but same exact construction.
DSC02275.jpg

DSC02274.jpg

Powertrix suspension
NA_rear_susp_kit.jpg

FrontCamberArms.jpg

AMS innovations
1263.jpg

Examples of the differences
balljointcomp2.jpg

balljointcomp1.jpg

1614jointcomp.jpg

300 degree fuel rails
300degree_hpfr_kit.jpg

Z32Innovation.jpg

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
The sad part is we keep buying all the crap (not cars, but practically everything else)they import to this country to save a few lousy pennies.

Like I said in the Obama thread. China's economy solely exists because our American economy demands cheap, mass produced, QC nightmare shit.

OBX headers anyone? Their shorties are a blatant rip off of JBA and their longtubes are a pathetic clone of Kook's. The people on the GTO forum basically ban people from the forum for buying OBX while the Corvette and Camaro forums gladly welcome OBX because, like you said Intel, "it drives competition". Fuck them and fuck those chinks.

ef_vtak

Power of Dreams
Mar 25, 2009
LOL you all mad.

The large majority of the problem over there is China's laws about forfeiture of engineering documents and knowledge regarding components that are manufactured in China, this leads to incredible ease in counterfeiting on the cheap with substitutions and modifications being made with no real knowledge in what they are altering.

The people on the GTO forum basically ban people from the forum for buying OBX while the Corvette and Camaro forums gladly welcome OBX because, like you said Intel, "it drives competition". Fuck them and fuck those chinks.

I love the LS1GTO forum!
I think the same way sir!

I hate that statement so much. Well what happens when people stop making the parts? Who will china copy then?
Maybe China will have an original thought!
LOL you all mad.

The large majority of the problem over there is China's laws about forfeiture of engineering documents and knowledge regarding components that are manufactured in China, this leads to incredible ease in counterfeiting on the cheap with substitutions and modifications being made with no real knowledge in what they are altering.

Reason enough I avoid buying anything made in China at all costs. Sometimes it is, rather unfortunately, unavoidable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info