finally got my jeep lifted

nemesis

Addict
Aug 28, 2007
chitown
thanks to outlaw40 and mike of devo 2ing. yeah i know the jeep is dirty but it's worthless to wash for pictures specially at this crappy weather. it's a 4.5" lift but feel like a 6" lift. when the springs settle it should drop a bit. tires are 31 x 10.5 x 15. i think the tires are too small for lift. plan to install 33 x 12.5 x 15 in the spring. have someone local that will help out, his jeep is in the picture. he's running the same tires that i plan to install also he have the same lift height as me.

IMG_4112.jpg

IMG_4109.jpg

IMG_4100.jpg

IMG_4114.jpg

IMG_4122.jpg

IMG_4127.jpg

IMG_4125.jpg

IMG_4126.jpg

nemesis

Addict
Aug 28, 2007
chitown
needs bigger tires! Very cool though.

yeah bigger tires will come later, like frank said the springs have to settle and will not look that bad. actually it looks pretty good as of right now. it's only been 3 days since the installed. feel good being high lol. have couple idiot suv drivers wanted to size me up. the worst part is there's always some douche will hit their brake the last minute when im already stopping at the light. i can't wait to get my new rear bumper, it will be way better than what i have now.

nemesis

Addict
Aug 28, 2007
chitown
i bought the complete package so the tires and wheels came with. i did picked up a 4x4 garage magazine awhile back and was reading on the different rear end the xj came with. looks like the front is a dana 30 and rear is a dana 35. in the article it said dana 35 is weak and prone to break even with 31" tires (not sure if they talking about off road) i think for now im going to stick with the 31" until i either find a chrysler 8.25 or dana 44 and do the swap then i'll do the 33"

clint282cc

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
You can find 8.25s anywhere! Get 97 and later so you have 29 splines instead of 27. The 35 is junk. I've twisted tubes and snapped axles with them BUT don't let that scare you from 33s. With an open diff and mostly street use, you will be fine. I broke shit with a welded rear and jumping the shit out of it with 33s.

Good luck finding a 44. They are all spoken for or scrapped, but in all honesty the 8.25 is plenty strong. I've seen one break after years of hard wheelin, welded, and it was a 27 spline. Unless you plan on going bigger than 35s the 8.25 is plenty. Plus I'd you somehow do break one, you can pick another one up easily from the jumpyard for cheap. They are a direct swap too. Very easy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info