my fathers classic vws

mat0485

Addict
Nov 27, 2009
Aurora
When I was in highschool my dad decided to get a toy.. he started with a 75 VW beetle. Did a complete restore.
bug3.jpg

this is the color he picked
bugs3.jpg

bug2.jpg

bug1.jpg

Then after lots of awards and car shows he got my mom a 1974 VW Thing. Car was already painted the clean orange, but he did all the add ons and such.
thing.jpg

thing2.jpg

not my dad in this pic.
thing1.jpg

thing3.jpg

and then he topped it off about two summers ago after a long long search found his 1963 camper bus. Just got it back last july from fresh paint. Pics do not do this thing justice. its so beautiful comin down the road.
bus4.jpg

bus1.jpg

bus3.jpg

bus2.jpg

Ps- He isn't a hippie either.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Brings back memories.

Before my dad passed away when I was 7 (96ish) at the height of the old VW scene, we had a handful. I don't know exactly what years.. I used to know a lot of the ins and outs. Had an earlier rectangle window car that we were cutting up and had a baja rear end conversion pretty much ready to go.. had a thing that needed a full restoration including pans and pretty much every nut and bolt.. and a later super beetle. Had enough parts to probably build another two cars. I love seeing people keep them alive.

Tell him to keep it up. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info