1-4 Skip Shift

KaMaSuTrA

Resident Sexi Man
Aug 22, 2008
Chicago IL
If it's anything like the CTS-V or Corvettes, here's the criteria for CAGS to work.

Engine coolant 171° F or greater
Barometric pressure is greater than 76 kPa
Speed between 15 and 19 MPH
Throttle position is 13% or less

I have mine disabled also but sometimes I'll still shift 1-4 should the need arise. If you give it a bit more throttle in 1st it moves better once it's in 4th rather than chugging along, that might defeat the purpose though as the idea is to cruise through the gear progressively.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I have it on the Mustang too but luckily it's more of a "you can do it if you want" notification but doesn't lock me out of 2nd or 3rd. I just don't pay attention to the idiot lights anymore.

Nope, that is not correct. It has the light. But there is a lock out on the trans. Luckily all you have to do on our cars is unplug the solenoid and no more 2nd gear lock out. haha

"To locate the connector/solenoid, simply locate the fill bolt on the passenger's side of the tranny, and the connector/solenoid are directly above it. UNPLUG and ziptie it off to the side. Heres an idea of what it kind of looks like "

capturecu.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Whether it's correct or not, everytime I see the "1 -> 4 skip shift" notification in the DIC, I can still shift into 2nd and 3rd.

Did you buy it used? Maybe someone already unplugged for you? hahaha

But yes, the trans has a solenoid to lock out 2nd gear. If new it must be broke. If it was a used car maybe it was unplugged or has a tune in it? :whoknows:

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Did you buy it used? Maybe someone already unplugged for you? hahaha

But yes, the trans has a solenoid to lock out 2nd gear. If new it must be broke. If it was a used car maybe it was unplugged or has a tune in it? :whoknows:

Nope, brand new 28 miles on the odometer.

Go figure, last night driving home it decided it wanted to finally lock me out of 2nd. So I guess it's there, I just shift too fast for it to actually lock me out.

teamstorm02

Addict
Oct 3, 2006
Nope, brand new 28 miles on the odometer.

Go figure, last night driving home it decided it wanted to finally lock me out of 2nd. So I guess it's there, I just shift too fast for it to actually lock me out.

I bought mine with 2.3 on it and now gas about 65 on it and I haven't been locked out of second.. and its asked me plenty and after while it stopped asking

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info