Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Eagle has spent a ridiculous amount of time using it as well as 10sec. They should both be able to offer good tips and such. I'm sure there are more folks on here who use it as well but those are the first two names that pop into my head.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Well looks like I'm going to step up and start peeking around with hptuners. I just bought the pro vcm suite using the cash and giftcards from xmas so hopefully I'll learn a couple things about the internal workings of the ecu.

:fy: you know where to find me. HPT's forums are a great place to start learning. Tech had a decent section too. Be very careful about opinions in tuning. Everyone has one, and not all of them are correct. Make sure to check concepts you learn against trusted people before you just apply and try with you're car. Be even more careful about using tune files you can find online as "reference." Many I wouldn't consider worth downloading.

With the FI, you can mess things up REAL easy if you adjust the wrong stuff too far, so as always in IT, save your work often, and test the changes little by little. Don't just tweak and beat on it. Make a change, scan and look over the results.

Decide now on a naming convention for your scan and tune files! This will make your life easier.

enjoy it!

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
:fy: you know where to find me. HPT's forums are a great place to start learning. Tech had a decent section too. Be very careful about opinions in tuning. Everyone has one, and not all of them are correct. Make sure to check concepts you learn against trusted people before you just apply and try with you're car. Be even more careful about using tune files you can find online as "reference." Many I wouldn't consider worth downloading.

With the FI, you can mess things up REAL easy if you adjust the wrong stuff too far, so as always in IT, save your work often, and test the changes little by little. Don't just tweak and beat on it. Make a change, scan and look over the results.

Decide now on a naming convention for your scan and tune files! This will make your life easier.

enjoy it!

Yeah, will do. My convention will be MMDDYYREVA-Z. I'll keep a changelog as well. If IS/IT has taught me anything it's to be highly analytical and research, research, and research more. I'm not planning to go nuts with it, but will start by monitoring and reading more. If anything I have my 93 octane and racegas hpt files from AMS so now I have a means to switch between the two. e85 is something I'd like to do eventually, but I want to get a better understanding of the tuning aspect so I can adjust as needed.

I really wanted to pick up these DVD's that go over the basic and advanced functions of EFI tuning, but those suckers are $250 each with nothing on them there piratebays or newsgroups.

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
i went thru each and every parameter that i would be changing, and typed that name into the efilive forum and read each and every thread on it and took notes.

from there you can kind of figure out who is giving you bullshit information and who isn't based upon continuity of fact.

i was checking out info on the iac correction tables for fan 1/fan 2 activation and 1 person's suggestion to another who was experiencing poor idle/stalling is to add 1.5g/s to desired airflow.

i found another 2 posts from the same guy who advised 1.5 g/s...1 was 2 weeks prior with him having a similr problem
and another was 2 months post with him stating that he still couldn't figure out the issue.

wot tuning
street cruising tuning

cake

idle tuning
fucking headache.
especially the first couple times when you need to log airflow from an extreme cold start (ie overnight).
forget to set the scanner correct and you just wasted 10 hours of your time

/end rant.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info