Air filter covers?

http://knfilters.com/wraps.htm
Filter Wraps, more commonly know as Filter Condoms.

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for. I had a heck of a time when I was searching for them. I'm fairly certain that it will stay dry and clean, I just wanted to take an extra step to be sure. This intake sounds so sick on the WRX, makes me that much happier when I drive it.:wackit:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for. I had a heck of a time when I was searching for them. I'm fairly certain that it will stay dry and clean, I just wanted to take an extra step to be sure. This intake sounds so sick on the WRX, makes me that much happier when I drive it.:wackit:

back when i was looking at wrx's, it seemed to be the consensus that you shouldnt put an intake on them as the stock is good for 300whp and aftermarket leans it out too much. unless you get it dyno tuned i guess.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
back when i was looking at wrx's, it seemed to be the consensus that you shouldnt put an intake on them as the stock is good for 300whp and aftermarket leans it out too much. unless you get it dyno tuned i guess.

pretty much true. There are a couple intakes for wrxs/stis that are "safe" to use. meaning they flow the same as the stock intake, but you dont really "gain" anything from them, just the noise

also when you put an fmic on a wrx you have to lose the stock box because of the piping, but if youre putting an fmic on, you SHOULD be getting a tune as well, so you can obviously tune for the intake on there.

you do need to be carefull if youre running something like an accessport tho w/ off the shelf maps, cuz MOST of them are tuned w/ the stock airbox in mind

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
pretty much true. There are a couple intakes for wrxs/stis that are "safe" to use. meaning they flow the same as the stock intake, but you dont really "gain" anything from them, just the noise

also when you put an fmic on a wrx you have to lose the stock box because of the piping, but if youre putting an fmic on, you SHOULD be getting a tune as well, so you can obviously tune for the intake on there.

you do need to be carefull if youre running something like an accessport tho w/ off the shelf maps, cuz MOST of them are tuned w/ the stock airbox in mind

This is all very true, but last I read CAI's on the 08+ WRX's were actually putting down good numbers on the stock tune and not hurting the cars.

Yea I am on another forum debdicated to the 08's. (3gwrx.com) The 08's seem to take better to the intakes, unlike previous years. This one still retains the stock MAF. So far I haven't noticed any problems w/stuttering, surging, or anything that would make me think there is a problem. My mileage so far has remained the same under normal and spirited driving. I didn't get this for the hp, I got it for the sound. You can hear the filter sucking in air really loud and then when you get on it you can hear the turbo spool like a raped ape! Plus, you can hear the bypass valve really well too, sounds like it's vented to atmosphere(although it's still 100% recirculating stock):wackit:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info